Amusement Park safety?

Cadeho

What's been going on lately with accidents at amusement parks? Two girls fell out of the Zipper (a ride I used to be afraid of) in Minnesota, twenty-seven were injured on a King's Island rollercoaster, another in Indiana malfunctioned leaving people stuck upside down, and wo were injured after a malfunction at a roller coaster at Kings Dominion... then there was the death of a kid at a Disney Park (although that was not the ride's fault). Is it normal to have so many accidents within weeks of each other? Or is it that someone's not doing their job? Does it make you think twice about having fun at a amusement park or carnival or is it just one of those rare things that can happen?

I don't do amusement parks much. the last one I went to was Water Country three years ago. And as for our state fair, I may go to that for the first time in fourteen years since they're moving out to the country soon. But I'll go for the food! Fattening, greasy food, that's safe right?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything we do has a risk, even sitting on your couch at home and watching television. The risk of being injured is far greater in an automobile than it is at an amusement park, the same has always been said for flying as well.

What's been going on lately with accidents at amusement parks? Two girls fell out of the Zipper (a ride I used to be afraid of) in Minnesota, twenty-seven were injured on a King's Island rollercoaster, another in Indiana malfunctioned leaving people stuck upside down, and wo were injured after a malfunction at a roller coaster at Kings Dominion... then there was the death of a kid at a Disney Park (although that was not the ride's fault). Is it normal to have so many accidents within weeks of each other? Or is it that someone's not doing their job? Does it make you think twice about having fun at a amusement park or carnival or is it just one of those rare things that can happen?

I don't do amusement parks much. the last one I went to was Water Country three years ago. And as for our state fair, I may go to that for the first time in fourteen years since they're moving out to the country soon. But I'll go for the food! Fattening, greasy food, that's safe right?

Disney has had several deaths last year and this year.

Everything we do has a risk, even sitting on your couch at home and watching television. The risk of being injured is far greater in an automobile than it is at an amusement park, the same has always been said for flying as well.

And the way people drive these days... it's amazing we even still go out on the road! Imagine if we were a nation of cyclists. Would be a tad safer?

I'm just not used to hearing so many reports coming at one time.

a lot of the amusement park deaths and injuries are because of the riders and not the rides themselves. people who don't want the straps and harnesses on them like they're supposed to be, people who are too small getting on, people who decide they want to get off.

my brother worked at disney world and told me about a death on splash mountain. i guess some guy decided he wanted to get off, so he climbed out of his log boat, but the exit was on the other side of the water, so he stepped on another log to walk across. of course it was wet, he slipped, fell underneath, and was run over.

Archived