Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LexKY

Development over Transit Center

7 posts in this topic

article Check out this article concerning development in Lexington.

Finally, it looks like another prime piece of downtown real estate will be developed, and this will be one BIG project. $100 Million! That means a major addition to downtown. I would bet this is easily the most expensive development in our little downtown. I can't wait till August 22nd when the proposals include more details. In case anyone is not familiar with the Transit Center location, it is basically a massive parking garage and bus terminal built to support a 20 story building. Then entire site is easily five acres.

article Check out this article concerning development in Lexington.

Finally, it looks like another prime piece of downtown real estate will be developed, and this will be one BIG project. $100 Million! That means a major addition to downtown. I would bet this is easily the most expensive development in our little downtown. I can't wait till August 22nd when the proposals include more details. In case anyone is not familiar with the Transit Center location, it is basically a massive parking garage and bus terminal built to support a 20 story building. Then entire site is easily five acres.

Also see --

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/news/local/15018168.htm

Proposals.

I remember when this was first proposed! Excellent to hear its a go, so far.

I remember when this was first proposed! Excellent to hear its a go, so far.

Hopefully no idiots or politicians get in the way, but from what I've read it sounds like they have all there ducks in order.

All those proposals sound great. Does anyone know how many floors the second proposal will have?

All those proposals sound great. Does anyone know how many floors the second proposal will have?

I would love to see mutiple towers developed there. I think the infill would work well with the streetscape downtown. Either way they go, I'm sure it will be something great.