Who watched the ASG?

TheGerbil

I didn't catch it so I am curious about other people's impressions. Was it a good game? From what I read it sounds exciting. And how did our city look? What kind of comments did the announcers make? What kind of shots were shown?

I meant to watch at least part of it but got distracted by a computer game. :P

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw bits and pieces. The main thing I noticed was that everyone seemed pleasantly surprised by Pittsburgh, they all loved PNC Park and all seemed to be having a great time. I was a bit dissapointed in the local media coverage of the entire event. They always had some reporter standing in some hall talking of the festivities. I wanted to see street scenes, crowd shots, party scenes overcrowded riverfront shots. Oh well, I had to work through most of it.

The red carpet was brilliant! The fans and all stars blew a gasket.

Heres an interesting note. A friend of mine went to a pirates game a couple of days ago. He had great seats behind home plate. He said down in front of him were, Tom Hanks, Ron Howard and Dennis Miller. Yes, just a regular game and these 3 were there. He said they were having a very good time and it was a beautiful day. It is also rumoured that they were seen at Falling Water yesterday. Perhaps a movie bing made in Pittsburgh is coming? Or they are just here enjoying our great city

I get that vibe too. I think our image with the general public in this country is finally starting to change.

I really hope we start to get the respect we deserve, and maybe start gaining population. But not to the point of over-crowding or a sudden jump in cost of living. I like that the traffic here is light and my rent is cheap :D

Well, consolidation & annexation would go a long way in restoring city proper's peoples number "image".

The city's pop goes up by about, what, 50% (around 450,000) during business hours? Our TV/media market is Top 20 - 25? Let's face it, Pittsburgh is really a "city" of about 900,000 right now.

The image isn't going to be the only thing changing here within the next 10 years, I believe...

Unfortunately I can no longer read the Pittsburgh Business Journal because they reformatted so that articles can only be accessed by Print Subscribers (99 bucks for a year's subscription)... but one of the headlines says: "With eye on Pittsburgh, Disney applies for $2M state grant"

Perhaps this has something to do with the star sighting...

Unfortunately I can no longer read the Pittsburgh Business Journal because they reformatted so that articles can only be accessed by Print Subscribers (99 bucks for a year's subscription)... but one of the headlines says: "With eye on Pittsburgh, Disney applies for $2M state grant"

Perhaps this has something to do with the star sighting...

Does it involve Johny Depp as a new mascot?

Biz Journal is working right now...jist of the Disney story is just as it seams. Disney is the first studio to apply for one of the cash grants that are now avaiable. They are in discussions for a movie to be filmed in the pittsburgh area.

Archived