• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mallguy

Salisbury Mall

mallguy    49

What an interesting mall- colorful sidewalk, interesting anchors (Belk, Big Lots, a steakhouse, etc.), and apparently its owners have resurrected it from a state of near-death.

Any history or insights on this mall? Where was Belk's in Salisbury before the mall was built- downtown or in another shopping center?

Thanks.

mallguy    49

We need someone to post some pictures of this place. I can envision some classic late '70s-early '80s mallscapes.

It was built in 1986 but looks like a '70s mall; seems to be a brown-brick building with an odd brown and beige sidewalk around it, a big fountain, and a Belk and JCPenney as anchors, at both ends of the mall, with what must be a strip center attached to it, with a Big Lots and a dollar store and maybe more. I can't find any pictures and unfortunately don't think I'll be trekking to Salisbury again soon.