Growth in Springdale SW of I-540/U.S. 112

KJW

no problem mith, i also would love to see a better looking and more indepth in culture little italy in tontitown, if they built a little square with authentic shops and restaurants and little cafes all surrounding an italian market that i would go over very well.

A Little Italy in Tontitown would be awesome. It would tie in well with the Annual Grape Festival and be a major draw for people looking for a little "Old World" to break the monotony of the Ozarks.

You have to remember that the ballpark won't be going all year long, only about 7-8 months. Of course you will see some hotels and resturants go up around the ballpark but its not like it will be a mecca for new development in Springdale. I too, think the ballpark would have fit better around pinnacle, maybe not right in the mix of all that there is in pinnacle, but around the outer parts of all the new development there.

Of course every developer has his or her own mind and you never know what could end up around the ballpark....maybe some office buildings along with hotels, res., stores......or maybe just a taco bell! :D

Remember that when there aren't any ball games being played the ballpark will be utilized for events like concerts, fireworks and family events. Not to mention the retail stores, restaurants and sports bar that the ballpark will include. When I was a kid my family would always go to the ballpark in St. Petersburg, FL for the biggest Halloween trick-or-treating I can remember. Don't underestimate just how much of a positive effect this ballpark will have on Springdale.

5 months, the Texas League schedule is about 5 months

I agree about Pinnacle.

I agreed about Pinnacle only because of the infrastructure and developments already in Pinnacle, BUT Springdale is the ideal city for a minor league ballpark for the simple reason that Springdale is a "sports city" with the professional rodeo and all the HUGE sports complexes already in the city. Right now, Springdale is the only place in NWA you can go to see a live hockey game on "real ice". So what if they'e just kids, Springdale is all about sports.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad news for Springdale and NWA....Tyson is laying off some 140 employees in NWA, and not re-fillling several hundred more positions....here is the link

http://arkansasbusiness.com/article.aspx?a...94.13781.107039

That sucks that it's hitting home. I have an "old friend" that works at the Tyson home office and I'd hate to think she may get laid off after several years with the company. But she could easily find another job, considering she used to work for one of the largest biotechnology companies in California.

Archived