Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M. Brown

Portland Aerial and Webcams

The webcams are interesting, although there doesn't seem to be much activity there right now.

Yeah, I'm hoping I just looked at the wrong time or something. Because I saw one car & that's it.

There wouldn't be a lot of traffic there. That's a more industrial area of the port. The Old Port, which is the entertainment district, is further away.

There wouldn't be a lot of traffic there. That's a more industrial area of the port. The Old Port, which is the entertainment district, is further away.

Oh, ok. I've never been there, so I wouldn't know. I should visit someday though.

There is no rush hour in Portland. There is the same amount of cars throughout the hole day pretty much. This is because there aren't that many busineses in Portland and Maine itself. In the summer when tourist type stores are open...then there is more traffic if there is any at all. The highway that goes through Portland is 2 lanes and it is never jammed.

It's kind of cool to watch the cars disappearing every time you refresh :) I have seen one really cool aerial photo of Portland, ME and I was really impressed. I was wondering how is the street level activity.

Portland is amazing...

Yup, I lived there for 6 months in the early 90s and loved it. I really need to make a trip back to check in on the old town.