Movies made in Charlotte

voyager12

Shallow Hal was on last weekend and while its hardly Oscar worthy :lol: its fun to see Charlotte on the national stage. We came off pretty well I think. I did not live here when it was filmed. Is Rosemary's(gwyenth) house in Myers Park or Eastover? Was the experience interesting or were there complaints about traffic being rerouted etc? Did anyone see Gwyneth or Jack Black around town? Have any other movies besides SH been filmed in the area recently?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rosemary's house was in Eastover. I like how it was supposedly set in the midwest somewhere (Omaha I think). Movies filmed in Charlotte tend to be in the shlock genre:

Days of Thunder

Shallow Hal

Talladega Nights

Carrie sequel (whatever it was)

One also can't forget the basketball blockbuster smash (cough) Eddie. I was a bit younger when they filmed part of it in the Colesium, I got to go onto the court and shoot for a thousand bucks... I didn't win. But I did stand on the court the same time Whoopi Goldberg was. Such an honor. But I think I would've taken the thousand dollars instead.

Rosemary's house was in Eastover. I like how it was supposedly set in the midwest somewhere (Omaha I think). Movies filmed in Charlotte tend to be in the shlock genre:

Days of Thunder

Shallow Hal

Talladega Nights

Rosemary's house was actually filmed in the southpark area of foxcroft. The scene done where jason alexander show's his tail was done at the corner in eastover by the mint museum.

Also, be on the lookout for charlotte all over Talladega Nights. In particular, the scene where Ali G's dogs chase Will Ferrell was filmed in the mint museum park. The movie comes out in early August.

There was a very short lived SciFi show on ABC called Probe staring Ashley Crow and Parker Stevenson.

It was filmed at Earl Owensby Movie Studio in Shelby and they often used the Charlotte skyline as a nameless city of the not so distant future. Unfortunately ABC canceled it after 8 episodes. Sometimes it gets rerun on the SciFi Channel.

There was a very short lived SciFi show on ABC called Probe staring Ashley Crow and Parker Stevenson.

It was filmed at Earl Owensby Movie Studio in Shelby and they often used the Charlotte skyline as a nameless city of the not so distant future. Unfortunately ABC canceled it after 8 episodes. Sometimes it gets rerun on the SciFi Channel.

Interesting, i had never heard that before. Just did an IMDB search and saw that Issac Asimov was the author/creater. He's a big deal. anyone ever see an episode? good/bad?

here's the link http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094529/

It was pretty good and based on sound scientific principles which is probably why it was canceled.

:rofl: no kidding....it seems as though all the stuff that is based on truth takes a backseat to reality shows like "dancing with the stars"....go figure

Days of Thunder

Shallow Hal

Talladega Nights

Shallow Hal took place in a "no-name" city. In fact, the dialogue used contained phrases like "our city" or "this city", instead of any name. And it couldn't be Omaha...they went snow skiing and drove.

Nell was also filmed here. City Hall became the "University of Charlotte Medical Center". Hardly a schlock movie.

Charlotte has fared well for made-for-TV movies. A boat load of Lifetime movies were made here, as well as "Murder in New Hampsire", the drama about the teacher who had her teenage student lover kill her husband. They filmed many of those scenes in the yard of the house behind mine. I felt sorry for the cast. It was supposed to be mid-winter in New Hampsire, yet the movie was filmed in mid-July here. There they were, all bundled up in sweaters, ski hats, gloves, and heavy winter jackets and it was 90 degrees.

I am probably the only one who remembers this. Back in the early 90's a "made for TV" movie "She Says She Innocent" starring Katey Sagal was filmed in Charlotte. Two scenes I remember offhand were filmed at Eastway Shopping Center and Evergreen Cemetary on Central Ave.

Anyone else remember this?

Shallow Hal took place in a "no-name" city. In fact, the dialogue used contained phrases like "our city" or "this city", instead of any name. And it couldn't be Omaha...they went snow skiing and drove.

I believe somewhere in the movie they mention Montana if Im not mistaken, that was one of the things I remembered when I watched it,because I was disipointed that they didn't mention it as Charlotte, I think it was when he was listening to the radio or something.

Archived