385 N Orange(Livingston & Orange SE Corner)

chgochris

Alright, since we can't seem to shake this project- who actually thinks that this building has a chance of breaking ground within a reasonable amount of time? And why?

I dont suppose that there is necessarily a right or wrong answer at this point, but I personally remain highly skeptical (whats new though). The reason I say that is because it has surfaced quite a few times and had made a damn strong charge about a year ago. This is about the time that Baker Barrios released that new rendering. It was so serious that the big players around town had made a solid effort to produce some sort of budget to work off of. Since then the effort has subsided and the overall demand has as well. We've seen nothing new from the architect, there are no drawings, and it still bears a striking resemblance to Dynetech.

On the flip side, Quiznos does a good deal of business in that location. The idea that they would voluntarily close down their last downtown location voluntarily is a bit far fetched. If anything they are doing the opposite in trying to expand their market base all over town. Premature business closures (corner bar and scruffies included) usually occur as a result of owners trying to create some interest or good faith in order to lure some capital investments on their properties. If Quiznos has an expiring lease agreement they probably have not been given an option to re-sign. This could bite the owners in the a$$. Just my $.02

Hope I'm wrong but I usually get a couple strong looks at a project, and this is not one of them.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright, since we can't seem to shake this project- who actually thinks that this building has a chance of breaking ground within a reasonable amount of time? And why?

I dont suppose that there is necessarily a right or wrong answer at this point, but I personally remain highly skeptical (whats new though). The reason I say that is because it has surfaced quite a few times and had made a damn strong charge about a year ago. This is about the time that Baker Barrios released that new rendering. It was so serious that the big players around town had made a solid effort to produce some sort of budget to work off of. Since then the effort has subsided and the overall demand has as well. We've seen nothing new from the architect, there are no drawings, and it still bears a striking resemblance to Dynetech.

On the flip side, Quiznos does a good deal of business in that location. The idea that they would voluntarily close down their last downtown location voluntarily is a bit far fetched. If anything they are doing the opposite in trying to expand their market base all over town. Premature business closures (corner bar and scruffies included) usually occur as a result of owners trying to create some interest or good faith in order to lure some capital investments on their properties. If Quiznos has an expiring lease agreement they probably have not been given an option to re-sign. This could bite the owners in the a$$. Just my $.02

Hope I'm wrong but I usually get a couple strong looks at a project, and this is not one of them.

This project IS getting built. Its depth will take out Quiznos and it will border Orange ave from Livingston to LaBelle furs. It will be mixed use with retail at ground level, commercial and 142 condos. I believe it will break ground this summer. Hope to have more info on it in the near future.

And while I've been wrong before I certainly believe that summer might be a bit too ambitious. Keep in mind, presales aside, Baker Barrios has yet to even release a formal set of schematic drawings for pricing. If this year was realistic I would have hoped to at least have seen 70-80% CD's, but we are wayyyyy far from that. Hope your right though steveo, you usually have great info.

This project IS getting built. Its depth will take out Quiznos and it will border Orange ave from Livingston to LaBelle furs. It will be mixed use with retail at ground level, commercial and 142 condos. I believe it will break ground this summer. Hope to have more info on it in the near future.

I do not have a problem with the building. It is a good fit with commuter rail and will hopefully incresae ridership. Besides, the Pizutti block guys seems to think this is happening. (I guess they know something)

Let the design stay. Can it be built with condos prices starting around the 170s? This is what Orlando citizens can afford. Do what the Vue did and not allow resales for a year or two. Have some set aside for first time buyers and use the city's down payment assistance program.

Let the design stay. Can it be built with condos prices starting around the 170s? This is what Orlando citizens can afford. Do what the Vue did and not allow resales for a year or two. Have some set aside for first time buyers and use the city's down payment assistance program.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that is better than some of the renderings we've seen so far. I don't remember seeing the green part going down the middle before, not to mention that it is also slightly setback from the 2 outer blue parts at the bottom third of the building. That separation helps it.

Did anyone notice how sleek they made The Vue look in the background?

I think that is better than some of the renderings we've seen so far. I don't remember seeing the green part going down the middle before, not to mention that it is also slightly setback from the 2 outer blue parts at the bottom third of the building. That separation helps it.

Did anyone notice how sleek they made The Vue look in the background?

Archived