What to do

Mij

Ok on Sept. 16-17 I'm heading to NYC for a Sox - Yanks game followed by a Pats - Jets game the next day. The Sox and Yankees are playing game 1 of a Double header @ 1:20 - So we have about 24 hours until we head to the football game. I would like some feedback as to what others might recomend.

I need some fun entertainment.

It cant be sports related b/c were already doing that.

Our criteria is---- 4 over 21 straight guys.... were board of time square..... I hate the bronx....Were not the strip club type....money isn't the biggest issue but there is a budget....bars will be there....I guess i just need pointing in the direction of something different, fun, possibly exciting, and not overly cultured.... Two of the guys coming w/me are just getting back from Iraq... so what do we do

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok on Sept. 16-17 I'm heading to NYC for a Sox - Yanks game followed by a Pats - Jets game the next day. The Sox and Yankees are playing game 1 of a Double header @ 1:20 - So we have about 24 hours until we head to the football game. I would like some feedback as to what others might recomend.

I need some fun entertainment.

It cant be sports related b/c were already doing that.

Our criteria is---- 4 over 21 straight guys.... were board of time square..... I hate the bronx....Were not the strip club type....money isn't the biggest issue but there is a budget....bars will be there....I guess i just need pointing in the direction of something different, fun, possibly exciting, and not overly cultured.... Two of the guys coming w/me are just getting back from Iraq... so what do we do

as you said... TONS of bars.

if you're into music, i'm sure there will be something, maybe even something at the summer stage in central park. the smaller club shows won't have anything listed that far ahead, so you might have to wait a while to decide...

and go yanks! :whistling:

Goodness, there's so much... I'd recommend you start with Time Out New York's magazine or website or New York Magazine or their website searching for those dates.

- Garris

PS: Go Yanks and go Jets! I bleed Jet green... J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS, JETS!

PS2: Does anyone know of any New York theme/allegience bars around here that carry Yanks games during baseball season and Jets games during football season?

PS: Go Yanks and go Jets! I bleed Jet green... J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS, JETS!

PS2: Does anyone know of any New York theme/allegience bars around here that carry Yanks games during baseball season and Jets games during football season?

I KNEW THERE HAD TO BE ANOTHER ONE HERE!!! :yahoo:

now that the all star break is over, i think we'll be seeing more of the pinstripes... :whistling:

Sounds like a blast.

We tried that a couple years ago, Pats game in the afternoon and Sox playoff game at night. Unfortunately the second half of our double-header was rained out. But we had fun because we were in Boston and (more importantly) $8 bought each of us 2 beers at the bar instead of 1 at the Fens.

Archived