downtown Louisville!

soulbrotha

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really nice pics. I always see skyline pics but not from the street level. It has a nice mixture of old and new which I like. Im seeing this city a completly diffrent way from before. Love it.

please tell me you're being sarcastic

Nope, not at all. It's a matter of opinion, though. Just as you dislike them, I love them. I wish the two parkways lining both sides of the river in my area were wider and more "freeway-ish." Nothing like a big slab of concrete, along the edge of the water, to move people from place to place. For instance, Lakeshore Drive in Chicago... I love it.

• 3 weeks later...

SBC! Youre a friggin idiot. Just stay in Shreveport and youll be fine. We dont want you any place "sophisticated."

The riverside freeway in Louisville helps conceal flood levees. The city has been flooded several times in the last two hundred years so the river along the historic port/CDB is protected by levees.

Thats good that is has purpose, but I was only mentioning that liking waterfront freeways are completre idiocracy. Portland used to have a waterfront freeway, they took it out now and put in a park in its place.... Hell, they could have put a park in Louisville instead...

I also think that riversides are a good place for freeways. They're relatively out of the way, and it's often the best way to have a freeway that allows easy access to most parts of the city without cutting straight through. Sure, you'd like to have park space on rivers, but really that seems secondary.. plus they're not mutually exclusive. New York does it just fine, as does Boston with Storrow Drive. Never been to Chicago but maybe LSD is another good example. If you're going to have a freeway, why not have it on the periphery of the city?

Archived