(Semi) Pro Football in West Michigan

http://www.westmichiganforce.com/home.htm

I saw an ad for this at work today.

Apparently this will be there first year in existence. The roster is made entirely up of local guys both H.S. and college which is pretty cool. I think the thing I'm most excited about is that the home games are going to be played 5 minutes down the road from my house at my HS alma mater's football stadium. I'm gonna try to catch a game or two and see what its like.

I know a lot of times these teams and leagues are often a flash in the pan deal but still, it should be sort of neat.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jenison High School seems like a weird home field. Why not Houseman Field or Grandville Highschool? I hope that they do not keep my kids up at night. In the fall I can here the football announcer from my house.

On the surface its a odd pick...a HS stadium in the suburbs which has a good football program in a strong conference but not a powerhouse. I think the big draw was probably the ample amount of parking for the games(since they are played during summer when school is not in session) and the fact the the football field and its facilities are only a few years old state of the art. Here are a few pictures of it from the Force site...

field.jpg

field10.jpg

field12.jpg

field2.jpg

Archived