Elizabeth Court

Ryepow

This condo project is difficult to see from 7th street, but I have noticed over the last month or two several old run down houses on Firefighter Ave. off of 7th street being bulldozed. I drove by tonight and there is a new sign up advertising Elizabeth Court condos. I haven't seen anything on here about them yet.

Here is the website for them. They look pretty nice and they are in a good location.

Elizabeth Court

My question is, will they knock down all the houses on 7th street in between Weddington Ave up to Firefighter Ave. for these condos? It would seem strange to see a brand new complex next door to some very unattractive houses.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The plans look relatively nice. I do hate the fact that its causing more displacement of moderate income residents though. I have friends who lived in the Forest Apts along Dotger in Liz which is becoming another trendy condo development. Soon there will be absolutely no space for any of us in Elizabeth or Plaza Midwood which at least offered a few more reasonable options than whats left in yuppiestrangled Dilworth :sick:

Wow, those are big, higher priced, and closer to a pretty bad area than they are to the heart of Elizabeth.

I would imagine that the houses on weddington and some of the ones on 7th will eventually be torn down as new developments want to come in, but not as part of this particular one. A lot of these houses are rentals right now. Some probably just need a little work and they would be fine, so I would hate to see all the houses demolished.

Those look OK to me, but not wild about the design. If Charlotte is smart, and wants to keep it's city a good place to live, it should seek to build these, or similar mixed income developments in other lower income neighborhoods to attract the best possible people. Not all people who are low income are bad, but most of the bad people live in low income areas and should be reduced as much as possible in any community if they are to be places for civilized people to live.

Archived