Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster8

Business Journals Ending Free Articles

10 posts in this topic

The state's three Business Journals (Triangle, Charlotte, and Triad) will only be available to subscribers to the print editions starting July 24. I'm not really that surprised, but it is still a bummer. I know that a good amount of the news on this site comes from those websites (although it seems the other way around sometimes!).

Not to sound like a nerd, but I've been reading them each Monday for about the last ten years. It'll be weird not reading them now.

I will just go to the newsstand and thumb through them. They are definitely not worth the price but I did enjoy the online version.

I just go to the newsstand and thumb through them. They are definitely not worth the price but I did enjoy the online version.

Oh well. They'll dilute their influence, but what can you do? A cheaper, online-only subscription rate might be interesting.

Well, it's not a big loss. It's not like they were either timely or accurate in their stories.

Its the 25th and they are still free.

True. I don't know, I'd give it a few more days.. I was able to access a 1997 article still

I was locked out of the Triad Business Journal yesterday. I've pulled them from my bookmark list.

hmm, i still got my email updates from all 3 journals yesterday.

thats strange. Even today im pulling up articles from today and yesterday.

^ those little daily updates are free but articles from the print edition are for subscribers.