I am new and have some questions about Fort Mill..Thx

TornadoAlley

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fort Mill is part of the Charlotte metro area and as are result is subject to ozone alert days. We are currently in a cycle of orange and red ozone days because of the hot weather and large number of automobiles.

Crime, for general purposes is most likely non-existant in Ft. Mill. Schools are probably better than the SC average.

Fort Mill is part of the Charlotte metro area and as are result is subject to ozone alert days. We are currently in a cycle of orange and red ozone days because of the hot weather and large number of automobiles.

Crime, for general purposes is most likely non-existant in Ft. Mill. Schools are probably better than the SC average.

What about smog levels? People with Asthma and such?

Ps. Thanks for the quick response, really!

Smog probably isn't a huge issue in Fort Mill. Its still a developing suburb. But I will let the people who are more familiar with that area comment on that.

Everything you want to know about SC schools can be found here: http://ed.sc.gov/visitors/parents/guide.html

Fort Mill is definately a fast growing area of York County.

Smog probably isn't a huge issue in Fort Mill. Its still a developing suburb. But I will let the people who are more familiar with that area comment on that.

Everything you want to know about SC schools can be found here: http://ed.sc.gov/visitors/parents/guide.html

Fort Mill is definately a fast growing area of York County.

Thanks for the post.

Can anyone tell me about smog, to schools, to crime in Fort Mill?

Thanks!

Hi,

Are you thinking about moving to the Fort Mill area? I currently live in Florida and would like to move to South Carolina. I like the Easley area just west of Greenville. However, my decision will be based on where I can find work. I don't want to travel too far. What was your deciding factor?

Why did you choose the Fort Mill area?

Just asking??

Hi,

Are you thinking about moving to the Fort Mill area? I currently live in Florida and would like to move to South Carolina. I like the Easley area just west of Greenville. However, my decision will be based on where I can find work. I don't want to travel too far. What was your deciding factor?

Why did you choose the Fort Mill area?

Just asking??

You can email if you want. We have been researching for awhile. We go out there Sept'2006

Fort Mill High is a good school, as that part of York County is now home to more of the wealthier developments - where as in the past Ft Mill was incredibly poor due to numerous textile mill lay offs. There is of course the vague suburban area that fills some of the York County triangle north of the Catawba River & the town itself. From what I remember - the town is cute, not much else though, but with Springs being headquartered there, the owners always were great benefactors to the town.

Also - should be a sound investment to buy a home there...

Fort Mill High is a good school, as that part of York County is now home to more of the wealthier developments - where as in the past Ft Mill was incredibly poor due to numerous textile mill lay offs. There is of course the vague suburban area that fills some of the York County triangle north of the Catawba River & the town itself. From what I remember - the town is cute, not much else though, but with Springs being headquartered there, the owners always were great benefactors to the town.

Also - should be a sound investment to buy a home there...

Sounds good! Thanks. Question. If it was a poor town, when was this? Are there still low income people living there that can't move? The problem we found where I live is the same. The poor people actually flushed all the good people away with crime and what not. Don't want to go through this again. Moving into a new area that was poor before and is better (so we thought)

^ I wouldn't worry about that at all, besides - you're talking about the people I came from, mill people. ;)

Ft Mill is more than safe enough, besides - most likely where you will wind up settling won't even be in Ft Mill, it will just have a Ft Mill address.

Archived