Greenville Tourism

gs3

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Falls Park has made the greatest impact on downtown Greenville since the rebirth of Main Street. The best thing about downtown is that fact that there are major "anchors" in most of the key areas of the CBD, and the pedestrian experience flows quite smoothly from one attraction to another. The infill and further upgrades are only adding prestige to what already exists. :D

Can you imagine the draw that a finished RiverPlace and an additional Pedestrian Bridge/Fountains/parkway will bring? Throw the West End Ballpark and some baseball games in there during the summer, too.

It'll be awesome! I'd love to come back and visit Greenville in a few years just to see what it's become. :wub:

:offtopic: I'm wondering if the next pedestrian bridge between the Peace Center and RiverPlace is going to be as awesome as the Liberty Bridge. Does anybody have any hint of what it may be like (other than the RiverPlace renderings)?

:offtopic: I'm wondering if the next pedestrian bridge between the Peace Center and RiverPlace is going to be as awesome as the Liberty Bridge. Does anybody have any hint of what it may be like (other than the RiverPlace renderings)?

Don't know for fact, but I heard the second bridge is suppose to be a mirror image of the first. Same design, scaled down version, would bow the other way. If not exactly the sign design, the same design aesthetic and feel.

Don't know for fact, but I heard the second bridge is suppose to be a mirror image of the first. Same design, scaled down version, would bow the other way. If not exactly the sign design, the same design aesthetic and feel.

That's kinda what it looks like on the renderings of RiverPlace, too. I can't wait! :D

Can you imagine the draw that a finished RiverPlace and an additional Pedestrian Bridge/Fountains/parkway will bring? Throw the West End Ballpark and some baseball games in there during the summer, too.

It'll be awesome! I'd love to come back and visit Greenville in a few years just to see what it's become. :wub:

I've got a great idea: You could start your own business and stay here where you love living so much! I'm always telling people to do what they love doing, regardless of whether it takes them away from Greenville. I prefer this atmosphere over any other city I've visited or lived in the past, so I certainly plan on spending most, if not all of my remaining life here. :D

I've got a great idea: You could start your own business and stay here where you love living so much! I'm always telling people to do what they love doing, regardless of whether it takes them away from Greenville. I prefer this atmosphere over any other city I've visited or lived in the past, so I certainly plan on spending most, if not all of my remaining life here. :D

If only I could convince my company to open an office here... :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

While this may not be completely due to tourism, the CVB reported in January that spending has increased 740% in less than ten years! From less than $8 million in 1996-97, to more than $64 million in 2004-2005. :yahoo:

Read more HERE!

This is fantastic!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: What a number and what an achievement! For a city that barely had any tourism to this!!! Greenville should be very proud of this!

Anybody know where we rank statewide with tourism dollars? I would think only Mrytle, Charleston and Hilton Head lead (obviously on those three).

• 3 weeks later...

Interestingly enough, I discovered that Greenville County ranks 4th in the state for domestic travel impact (after Horry, Charleston, and Beaufort counties), according to this report (PDF file). In 2004, Greenville County received $708.3 million from domestic travelers, 9.1 percent of the state total. These travel expenditures benefited county residents with $201.3 million in wages and salaries and 9.3 thousand jobs.

Interestingly enough, I discovered that Greenville County ranks 4th in the state for domestic travel impact (after Horry, Charleston, and Beaufort counties), according to this report (PDF file). In 2004, Greenville County received $708.3 million from domestic travelers, 9.1 percent of the state total. These travel expenditures benefited county residents with $201.3 million in wages and salaries and 9.3 thousand jobs.

And I can guarantee that those numbers have grown since 2004. Many people are really beginning to see Greenville as more of a desination than they did before.

And I can guarantee that those numbers have grown since 2004. Many people are really beginning to see Greenville as more of a desination than they did before.

Anybody have any idea where I could find numbers (projections actually), on the US Pro for Labor Day weekend. Without a doubt this will spike our 2006 tourism numbers / dollars. It's a nationwide / world class event! I've heard a lot of numbers batted around, and all are "gigantihuge"! :D Would like to see some concrete projections though. Any ideas where I could find?

Archived