Hip Hop's New spot?

soulbro

Jacksonville Florida has a hip hop scene that is getting some attention now. In the past you had success from bands such as 95 south and rock rap limp bizkit. Now you have a scene on the rise with local talents such as Swordz, Young Cash who got signed to universal src and the Ab's and Raw and Lost Son. Jacksonville's hip hop scene is more balanced than many other cities such as Atlanta, or Houston or New York. It's not just about the crunk scene it's a mixture of hard dirty south tracks but some cool underground feel also. Jacksonville may soon be the spot where the industry look for talent after all it's a lot of talented individuals in J'ville it may take some time but I think Jacksonville will become a force like Houston and Atlanta. For info on the Jacksonville music scene go to www.904hiphop.com and see for yuorself and check out the 904hiphop my space page or www.duvalcountyluv.com

Also many hip hop magazine's stated that J'ville's the Ab's album was the best indi album of the year.

Fans are also starting to support the local artist in Jacksonville which is why I feel it will become a force in the music game.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jacksonville Florida has a hip hop scene that is getting some attention now. In the past you had success from bands such as 95 south and rock rap limp bizkit. Now you have a scene on the rise with local talents such as Swordz, Young Cash who got signed to universal src and the Ab's and Raw and Lost Son. Jacksonville's hip hop scene is more balanced than many other cities such as Atlanta, or Houston or New York. It's not just about the crunk scene it's a mixture of hard dirty south tracks but some cool underground feel also. Jacksonville may soon be the spot where the industry look for talent after all it's a lot of talented individuals in J'ville it may take some time but I think Jacksonville will become a force like Houston and Atlanta. For info on the Jacksonville music scene go to www.904hiphop.com and see for yuorself and check out the 904hiphop my space page or www.duvalcountyluv.com

Also many hip hop magazine's stated that J'ville's the Ab's album was the best indi album of the year.

Fans are also starting to support the local artist in Jacksonville which is why I feel it will become a force in the music game.

As I can say is it is about time. Florida hasn't had many in the game lately. Yeah you got Rick Ross and Pit Bull but that is about it. There's too much talent in J'ville and the rest of the state for this movement to not take off.

As I can say is it is about time. Florida hasn't had many in the game lately. Yeah you got Rick Ross and Pit Bull but that is about it. There's too much talent in J'ville and the rest of the state for this movement to not take off.

its a lil bit more artist than that. there is trick daddy, tampa tony, plies, trina, i havent heard from uncle luke in a while, and plus rick ross and pit bull. and i kno plenty of artist bout to come out up in duval

you for got to mention the 69 boys. they were made in jacksonville but the play most of there muziq in orlando.

As a resident of the city of Atlanta, I am very familiar with the hip hop scene. As far as I am concerned, you can have it. Somewhere in the mid 90's hip hop got lost. Goodie Mob, Roots, hell even Public Enemy had a message. Today's hip hop is crap. Granted, there are some great beats and some of the artists are even slightly talented, but for the most part all it does today is glorify self destuctive, disrespectful behavior. I am definately glad that Atlanta is shutting down the mega hip hop clubs one at a time. (Vision will be the first to go).

As a resident of the city of Atlanta, I am very familiar with the hip hop scene. As far as I am concerned, you can have it. Somewhere in the mid 90's hip hop got lost. Goodie Mob, Roots, hell even Public Enemy had a message. Today's hip hop is crap. Granted, there are some great beats and some of the artists are even slightly talented, but for the most part all it does today is glorify self destuctive, disrespectful behavior. I am definately glad that Atlanta is shutting down the mega hip hop clubs one at a time. (Vision will be the first to go).

So you mean to tell me you dont like to lean wit it rock wit it, shoulda lean, or snap yo fangas?

No, I like to do all that stuff, especially the finger snappin. What I don't like is listening to bass until 3 or 4 in the morning, watching people drive on the side walk, stop their car in the middle of the street to go talk to some "ho's", and just generally show a complete lack of respect for those around them. I have even seen people having sex in the back of an SUV, with the tailgate up!!! (just another night on Peachtree St.) Just out of curiosity, why is it that people who listen to hip hop think that I or anyone else within 1000 feet want to listen to their music?

No, I like to do all that stuff, especially the finger snappin. What I don't like is listening to bass until 3 or 4 in the morning, watching people drive on the side walk, stop their car in the middle of the street to go talk to some "ho's", and just generally show a complete lack of respect for those around them. I have even seen people having sex in the back of an SUV, with the tailgate up!!! (just another night on Peachtree St.) Just out of curiosity, why is it that people who listen to hip hop think that I or anyone else within 1000 feet want to listen to their music?

Some times people does do that jus to let u kno that theyre into the lastest muziq like the rest of the youngsters. but like me i just do it because it sounds better that way to me!!

Peachtree on a Saturday night is cool if you're under 21--if you're older it's just a major nuisance (and I'm glad Atlanta finally did something about it). Hip Hop is not what it was in ten years ago---it's like it's in the glam rock period of showing off, drugs, and sex. Rap needs a new center like Seattle was for grunge.

I like snapping my fingers too.

Please people.. write reasonably well so everyone here understands you. I agree with Ryan. Hip hop is just as obsessed with wealth and celebrity as other mainstream pop, rock and country, if not more. The music is insulting to just about everyone with an education. I feel sorry for parents who work hard to keep their kids from listening to this. Hip hop is not something to be proud of. I've always been proud that Lynyrd Skynyrd were from Jax. I'm not a prude at all, but old school rock and roll and mainstream music today are two totally different animals.

Hip hop is not something to be proud of.

Listen to underground hip-hop instead of most mainstream nonsense that's out today. Rappers like Talib Kweli, Jurassic, Cunninglynguists among others.

However, I do happen to like Snap Ya Fingers, Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It & Shoulder Lean. Those are my top jams at the moment. Above all else, I'm partial to New Orleans rappers because a lot of them are from Uptown just like me. Rappers like B.G., Lil Wayne, Juvenile, C-Murder & countless others hold New Orleans down to the fullest.

I'm not too much into the hip-hop scene, but have to say that Jacksonville hasn't been out of the limelite when it comes to notional recognition of its music groups.

A few that come to mind (within the last 10 years) that are on the national stages are:

Shinedown

Cold

Yellowcard

Limp Bizkit (of course, but not so much anymore)

Allele

Inspection 12 (not so much anymore)

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

BurnSeason

Jacksonville seems ot be known more for its rock groups, but its cool that hip-hop is getting into the game.

I'm not too much into the hip-hop scene, but have to say that Jacksonville hasn't been out of the limelite when it comes to notional recognition of its music groups.

A few that come to mind (within the last 10 years) that are on the national stages are:

Shinedown

Cold

Yellowcard

Limp Bizkit (of course, but not so much anymore)

Allele

Inspection 12 (not so much anymore)

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

BurnSeason

Jacksonville seems ot be known more for its rock groups, but its cool that hip-hop is getting into the game.

You forgot Evergreen Terrace.

• 3 months later...

in jacksonville its not really about the drugs and sex. its about people always fighting and shooting.er time u go to the club you hear about to neighborhoods just getting done fighting.and if it gets to serious some body ends up shootin up da place. crazy life.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I actualy think miami is becoming hip hops new spot.

Most of the major rappers coming from florida are all coming from miami. Jacksonville has alot of underground rappers not much people hear, as does orlando and tampa. Miami really is where all the rappers live and hang out and shoot their videos.

Also, all the big rap producers are in miami or are moving to miami.

MTV even did a special on the up and coming artist from south florida.

Archived