330 East Central

IsaacFL

While I also am not impressed with this building (or any other B&B design) ... I can't say I understand your comment "... and adds absolutely nothing to the Waverly." I agree with that statement but ask, why should it? Where is there either a requirement or even an incentive to do so. And without either why would one expect it.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I also am not impressed with this building (or any other B&B design) ... I can't say I understand your comment "... and adds absolutely nothing to the Waverly." I agree with that statement but ask, why should it? Where is there either a requirement or even an incentive to do so. And without either why would one expect it.

It is not a matter of we need desnity here or not.

The developer own the land and they can propose what they want and then build it if the city approved it. It is not about the Waverly residents or their view or u "need" the density or not, it is about the developer wanting to build something there.

Does anybody know what is happening to the property on Central (330 E CENTRAL BLVD ) located between the Waverly and where the Paramount is going?

I saw that it sold last year for about $3.1M. That seems a lot to spend on a piece of property if you aren't going to develop it. It seems to me that it is just large enough to put a small tower on.

LOL yeah this does seem like a ploy for the waverly to buy the land

Hell the Paramount and the Waverly should get together and build what they both think would compliment the area they've invested so much in.

Yeah ... I think this is a great spot for something about five stories with a large restaurant level on the top with a huge green-space mostly shielded from the waverly balconies ... could be a great dining experience up there and saves room for some needed retail space below ... preferably clothing.

Its poor planing to place something so large in the context of traffic flow and current architectural conditions; besides there are plenty of other plots of land available.

• 1 month later...

The windows facing Robinson on the pedestal are just opening for the parking garage levels, so if the corner lot was to be developed in the future, nobody would be losing their view unless they built higher than the base of 205 E Central. Even then, that's what setbacks are for. 205's occupied floors are set back from the site's edge, as would the new building's, so there would be some space between the two towers (not that there's enough room to build anything significant anyway).

As far as a pool, there was no mention of one in the project summary, but you are correct about Dynetech-- it has a rooftop pool on the 30th floor.

The windows facing Robinson on the pedestal are just opening for the parking garage levels, so if the corner lot was to be developed in the future, nobody would be losing their view unless they built higher than the base of 205 E Central. Even then, that's what setbacks are for. 205's occupied floors are set back from the site's edge, as would the new building's, so there would be some space between the two towers (not that there's enough room to build anything significant anyway).

As far as a pool, there was no mention of one in the project summary, but you are correct about Dynetech-- it has a rooftop pool on the 30th floor.

Archived