330 East Central

IsaacFL

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should have noted that it's not really the design that I like so much as how a building of this scale fits in that lot. It seems to "work" more than I thought it would. The design is pretty unimaginative and could be a lot better (as with most Baker Barrios concoctions) but as Prahaboheme noted, it's not offensive.

This is a joke right? <_<

That building is absolutely wretched and adds absolutely nothing to The Waverly. If I were going to put another building on that lot it would have to have some type of organic shape to complement The Waverly. In its current configuration they both detract from one another. I sincerely hope that the city planning board rejects this one. And a quick aside about Baker Barrios: Don't they know how to do anything besides these monotonous cube designs? It's bad enough that they are the biggest shop in town when it comes to high-rise design, but would it be asking too much for a little flair? They are doing no one any favors with these buildings.

This is a joke right? <_<

That building is absolutely wretched and adds absolutely nothing to The Waverly. If I were going to put another building on that lot it would have to have some type of organic shape to complement The Waverly. In its current configuration they both detract from one another. I sincerely hope that the city planning board rejects this one. And a quick aside about Baker Barrios: Don't they know how to do anything besides these monotonous cube designs? It's bad enough that they are the biggest shop in town when it comes to high-rise design, but would it be asking too much for a little flair? They are doing no one any favors with these buildings.

Archived