COMPLETE: Geneva Mills

markOne

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH, DID WE TELL YOU.............we have over 250 parking spaces....biggest and most convenient parking in the town of North Providence.

I was at a barber shop (not to be confused with a "barber shop") in North Providence last week and in the Valley Breeze there was a feature article concerning the lack of parking in NP, complete with a David Letterman Top 10 Worst Places for finding a parking spot in NP. Most of the places on the list were in walkable, more densely populated sections of town (Centredale village, Mineral Spring Ave. neighborhood near Lincoln/Pawtucket line) where you can only park on the street and might not be able to fit an SUV.

I wonder what else is buzzing in North Providence these days? -_- Not.

I live at the Allendale Mills (also in NP) where they are now renovating the half of our building that was unfinished after financial issues brought the project to a hault in the 80's. They originally planned to renovate the entire mill and build additional residential buildings on and around the Woonasquatucket river. I think my building might be a bit outdated compared to the Geneva Mills. If i wasn't renting i would get rid of these ugly wall to wall carpets :sick:

here are some pictures of the construction (i'm actually not sure how to post pictures) :

http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00813ve4.jpg

http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00814hy8.jpg

I wonder what else is buzzing in North Providence these days? -_- Not.

There was an article not too long ago in the ProJo about how NP was looking to resolve its tension between suburban and urban style areas by wholehartedly and enthusiastically embracing suburban zoning. I recall one of the NP leaders being quoting as saying something like, "Why would we want to advance a pattern of development where parking is at a premium and buildings are close together at the expense of open space? We want to enhance quality of life here with more greenery and more parking."

It was one of the most depressing articles I've read in the ProJo. A shame considering Smith Street through NP has great urban potential.

- Garris

that website is pretty pathetic looking... you'd think that having a 2.5 mil condo for sale, it'd be much cleaner... it's ugly as hell.

that area isn't the greatest area to buy a 2.5 mil condo either... if i had that money, i'd be saving it for 110.

There was an article not too long ago in the ProJo about how NP was looking to resolve its tension between suburban and urban style areas by wholehartedly and enthusiastically embracing suburban zoning. I recall one of the NP leaders being quoting as saying something like, "Why would we want to advance a pattern of development where parking is at a premium and buildings are close together at the expense of open space? We want to enhance quality of life here with more greenery and more parking."

It was one of the most depressing articles I've read in the ProJo. A shame considering Smith Street through NP has great urban potential.

- Garris

I remember that article about redoing their zoning. Politicians need a course in urban planning. 1-acre private lots do not equal open space!

• 2 years later...

Archived