Miss Jackson If You're Nasty

Justiceham

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are quite a few threads on Jackson if you use the search function and narrow it down to just the West Tennesse forum. I have not started any here lately, as there as not been many new developments for me to report, plus I have not had a whole lot of free time. In your search you will also find three picture threads of mine on the city, alas it was not the sunniest of days though.

Some highligts are:

1.) A proposed downtown entertainment/retail district - on hold though due to some environmental permit issues.

2.) The Diamond Jaxx staying in town rather than moving to another city.

3.) Several new major employers have located in the city and several major expansions have taken place.

4.) New 17-field ball park facility is being built next to Pringles Park for travel ball tournaments in hopes it can be a major revenue generator.

5.) New camera traffic lights are up and running, which is new for the city.

6.) City-County merger has been explored by the county and city mayors, but it does not look likely as the county mayor found little support in the county for a merger.

7.) Mayor Farmer will not run for re-election.

Somewhat related:

1.) Mega-site designated by the TVA Northeast of the city just over the line in Crockett County. Hopes are for a major auto company to locate an assembly plant there. The site had imput from three un-named major auto firms (2 foreign one domestic), and has already made Toyota's list for their next North American assembly plant.

There are quite a few threads on Jackson if you use the search function and narrow it down to just the West Tennesse forum. I have not started any here lately, as there as not been many new developments for me to report, plus I have not had a whole lot of free time. In your search you will also find three picture threads of mine on the city, alas it was not the sunniest of days though.

Some highligts are:

1.) A proposed downtown entertainment/retail district - on hold though due to some environmental permit issues.

2.) The Diamond Jaxx staying in town rather than moving to another city.

3.) Several new major employers have located in the city and several major expansions have taken place.

4.) New 17-field ball park facility is being built next to Pringles Park for travel ball tournaments in hopes it can be a major revenue generator.

5.) New camera traffic lights are up and running, which is new for the city.

6.) City-County merger has been explored by the county and city mayors, but it does not look likely as the county mayor found little support in the county for a merger.

7.) Mayor Farmer will not run for re-election.

Somewhat related:

1.) Mega-site designated by the TVA Northeast of the city just over the line in Crockett County. Hopes are for a major auto company to locate an assembly plant there. The site had imput from three un-named major auto firms (2 foreign one domestic), and has already made Toyota's list for their next North American assembly plant.

Thanks Rural King^.

Archived