Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eastsider

Austin Esplanade

5 posts in this topic

Kinsman Ventures has plans to develop 45-acres in North Austin located at the intersection of I-35 and Wells Branch Parkway. The project, called Austin Esplanade, will have a total of 270,000 sf of building space with 2 hotels, retail, and residential space. The retail space is planned around a boardwalk and will have a total of 150,000 sf of space with an additional 60,000 sf for restaurant and entertainment space.

One of the hotels planned for the project is the trendy Aloft brand which is a new concept of Starwood Hotels W brand. The other hotel is expected to be a Westin Suites.

Construction on Austin Esplanade is expected to begin in summer 2007.

Austin Business Journal: Mixed-use set for North Austin

The Kinsman Ventures website has a few tenants listed for Austin Esplanade. They include: Midnight Rodeo restaurant and nightclub, Hondo's Grill, and Arizona Pizza.

After reading about the Aloft hotel planned for the Domain, I tried to see if there was any new info on this project. But, Austin Esplanade is no longer listed on the Kinsman Ventures website. Anyone know whats going on?

Im not sure if they are even going to go ahead with the project and if they are they may have scaled it back a bit. I havn't really heard much on it myself honestly.

After reading about the Aloft hotel planned for the Domain, I tried to see if there was any new info on this project. But, Austin Esplanade is no longer listed on the Kinsman Ventures website. Anyone know whats going on?