East Memphis

northernbizzkit1

Houston's has locations in LA, San Francisco, Atlanta, New York, New Orleans, Kansas City, Washington DC, Boston, Houston, Dallas, Austin, Miami, and Boca Raton. New Orleans is the smallest market it is located in.

Cheesecake Factory, on the other hand, is located in places such as Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Birmingham, Fresno, Riverside CA, San Jose, Boise, Des Moines, Buffalo, Richmond, and Louisville. All of those are smaller than Memphis. Where are you geting this "higher standard of living" idea?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

ServiceMaster will not be building a new campus on Forest Hill-Irene and 385. They plan on staying at Ridgeway Center and just signed a long-term lease with Boyle.

While this isn't ideal - it still doesn't get SM downtown - it is much better IMO than the Forest Hill-Irene site. Poplar at 240 is the middle of Memphis - 385 is definitely not. I think it'll be good for Memphis as a whole because it will keep higher-paying jobs closer to the core. Just my opinion, of course.

CA article here>>

• 3 weeks later...

Proposed apartment complex for East Memphis

There is a proposal for a high-end, high-density apartment building on Park Avenue just east of the 4-story Monarch condos on Park Avenue. The proposal is for a 202-unit, 4 story building. And why does this project have a pretty good chance of getting nixed---you guessed it, neighbors' complaints. But apparently the planning commissions have beef w/ the project too because it's density might be out of character w/ the surrounding neighborhood.

Proposed apartment complex for East Memphis

There is a proposal for a high-end, high-density apartment building on Park Avenue just east of the 4-story Monarch condos on Park Avenue. The proposal is for a 202-unit, 4 story building. And why does this project have a pretty good chance of getting nixed---you guessed it, neighbors' complaints. But apparently the planning commissions have beef w/ the project too because it's density might be out of character w/ the surrounding neighborhood.

Oklahoma City has a Cheesecake factory, I see no reason why Memphis shouldn't have one very soon. Panera Bread coming is a great thing. But I still like Jason's Deli more and would like to see more of those.

Also, if you are looking for a Japanese Steakhouse to bring to town that isn't as expensive as benihana's, the next time you are in Knoxville, go to Wasabi's. It is great.

Also, I love the Salsarita's down off of HacksCross near the FedEx headquarters. We need more of those to.

• 2 weeks later...

this doesn't exactly belong in the east memphis thread, but it's target related....another rumor has surfaced regarding a midtown target.

this guy says that a friend of his in the target world has said that willie has shut down all target talks, in favor of a WAL*MART?!?! IN MIDTOWN?!?!

http://mymidtownmemphis.blogspot.com/2007/...get-rumors.html

A rumor is a rumor, but still....

Archived