Forbes

CtownMikey

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

America's Best Places

I put absolutely no stock in these rankings at all.

I can't speak for Cranston or Warwick cause I haven't been to either, but I'm convinced Money goes out of its way to find the most character-less cities in America.

For a while, Nashua, NH was Money's perrenial favorite place to live - I think that says something about their methods.

huh! what else do you guys talk about?

They talked about how UP can join Internet 2 which currently is only used by scientists, colleges and universities. :lol: But I'm wondering when the net2 is scheduled to be available to the general public. The speed there must be fantastic.

They talked about how UP can join Internet 2 which currently is only used by scientists, colleges and universities. :lol: But I'm wondering when the net2 is scheduled to be available to the general public. The speed there must be fantastic.

nah, it's all taken up by peer to peer downloading by the students...

The moderators actually discussed banning all discussion about these types of list. Because all of these lists are totally BS and lead to a list of posts discussing how BS they are.

Yeah I vote to end all topics regarding global warming, 'ghetto burbs' (christ that one pisses me off) and homosexuality. They all end up being back and forth link wars to prove one's point and display ones ignorance...

Yeah I vote to end all topics regarding global warming, 'ghetto burbs' (christ that one pisses me off) and homosexuality. They all end up being back and forth link wars to prove one's point and display ones ignorance...

i agree on the global warming one and homosexuality... and anything related to politics.

as for this thread... wasn't barrington #6 last year? what happened and how the hell did warwick and cranston get on it?

I haven't even looked at the ghetto burbs one, my finger refuses to let me click on it.

I can't speak for Cranston or Warwick cause I haven't been to either, but I'm convinced Money goes out of its way to find the most character-less cities in America.

One of the Lists (Forbes, Money, I don't remember) ranked Rochester, MN (where I lived, using the word lightly, for four years) as top small city for several years in a row and it certainly didn't win for its sprawling, Walmarted, blanded landscape. It's all statistical. Mix the Mayo Clinic, zero-unemployment, no crime, almost no poverty, good public schools, a few minor league teams, good biking trail system, no more than a 5 minute driving commute anywhere, and a local airport together statisically and what do you get? A number one ranking...

And, honestly, for many of the people I knew there, add a solid church and a Sam's Club nearby into the mix, and that's about all they desired out of life from where they lived and were happy with that. More power to them...

- Garris

I dont know... the Cowesett, Potowamut, and Warwick Neck neighborhoods of Warwick are actually quite nice. You just have to look past route 2 and the airport mess. I don't really have a problem with Warwick being there.

But Cranston is a mystery to me.

I can vouch for eastern Cranston - at least the Auburn section anyway. It's essentially an extension of the PVD urban core - walkable amenities, a melting pot of ethnic groups, interesting markets and a certain funkiness in Rolfe Square, the Park Cinema, etc.

But something tells me that these aren't the reasons that Cranston made that list.

i lived in and went to elementary school in cranston [arlington]

it was a great place to grow up... lots of great aspects to speak of

there was a deep sense of community in cranston on the whole and that also included smaller locales such as the neighborhoods and school districts

we didnt even take buses to school, we walked, uphill, both ways, in the snow... lol.... but seriously we could walk anywhere we needed to in 5-10min tops

cranston also has great access to so many things with generally short transportation times between all of them

i would definitely put cranston up as a great place to live

Archived