Old Texaco Building

lil-bear

Does anyone have any information about the Old Texaco Building on the Corner of Granby and Olney?

I know it was auctioned off some time ago, and now it looks like the top two floors have been gutted.

I hope they will keep the exterior intact. Those Texaco stars with the T's are definately worth preserving! Part of the building's character.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have any information about the Old Texaco Building on the Corner of Granby and Olney?

I know it was auctioned off some time ago, and now it looks like the top two floors have been gutted.

I hope they will keep the exterior intact. Those Texaco stars with the T's are definately worth preserving! Part of the building's character.

There was an article a while back that stated it would be turned to a mix use project.

The whole building is now gutted, right down to the support beams. I went to peek in and see how it was going one day and there was a homeless man hanging out in there. Having actually been inside the building before it was gutted, it was a real shock to see it looking like an empty warehouse. The back is completely opened up and I guess that people can come and go as they please, at least for the time being.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't heard of any buyers on the property. Its about the only property on "north" granby worth preserving. Everything down that entire block should be razed. I think you're gonna see a "wait and see" approach from developers. Depending on what the city does with the bus station and how well the Mark Barr project does. The tough "tenants" to buy out will be Bob's Gun store and the pawn shop. There are only a certain number of pawn shop licenses issued for downtown and I'm not sure the one there will be willing to leave. We'll see.

Archived