Tennessee Airports

Bears

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been seeing alot more traffic coming into BNA. Lexy, did the passenger enplanements and deplanements?

They are up, up, up. They are really starting to close in on 10 million and should pass it within the remainder of the year easily. JetBlue is running over capacity from here and to here. US Airways is adding new flights with two flights daily from Philly already started and one to Las Vegas starting next month. Delta is also increasing the size of jets they fly into here with one 757-200 and four 737-800. Replacing an all MD-88 fleet here. The wheels are starting to turn on the new cargo ramp future here. When they get done with that cargo ramp build, it will BLOW your mind what will be flying into here and how often it will do it. FedEx is planning to add on to their brand new sorting facility here and add parking for 7 jets on the ramp. Up from the current 3 parking spots for FedEx. I'm telling ya, it is about to pop here. LOL!!!

I can tell. BNA is spontaneous with all of the different airlines operating. JetBlue is really going to make a difference. Only thing that bugs me about BNA is the checkpoint traffic. At times the line is out the door and around the corner. I am pretty sure they are in process of fixing this with the rise of BNA..

Look for Nashville to change the airspace from C to B if they already hadn't done it yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Knoxville is nice...after they revamp it up....it is very nice...not the 70's look and feel anymore. As for TRI...it will always hold a special place in my heart! First airport I ever flew out! Back in 92, on my way to Navy boot camp...and it was the airport I came back home to.

TRI is very in and out..no long lines (busy of course around this time of the year) no waiting...

*Taken from website:

TCRA Reports Banner Year!

Friday, January 20, 2006

Tri-Cities Regional Airport TN/VA has reported the most passengers using the Airport in more than 25 years. More than 481,000 passengers used the Airport during 2005, an increase of 13.4 percent from 2004.

TRI Statistics:

TCRA

*Taken from website...some cool questions that I think all airports are asked....

Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions received via e-mail and phone calls. Common myths and misconceptions are below as well.

Q.) What airlines serve Tri-Cities Regional Airport?

A.) Delta Connection, Northwest Airlink and U.S. Airways Express.

Q.) What are TRI's non-stop destinations?A.) Atlanta, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Detroit, Memphis and Orlando.

Q.) How much does it cost to park at TRI?A.) Short Term Parking Rates: $1.00 for each half-hour up to a maximum of $10.00 for 5-24 hours. Long Term Parking Rates: $1 for each hour up to a maximum of $8.00 for 8-24 hours.

Q.) How and with whom do I file a complaint?

A.) If a complaint involves an airline's fares, service, schedules or personnel, a formal complaint should be filed with the appropriate airline. Contact information for each airline's customer service department and suggestions on filing a complaint are provided on this website.

If a complaint involves parking, Airport facilities, Airport services or Airport personnel, a formal complaint may be filed with the Airport Services Desk at (423) 325-6000 or by writing the Tri-Cities Airport Commission, P.O. Box 1055, Blountville, TN 37617 or by email.

Q.) How do I make airline reservations?

A.) There are many ways to book tickets for a flight. One of the easiest ways is to contact a travel agent. A listing of agents can be found on this website. You can also book directly with an airline through their website or by calling their 1-800 reservations line.

Q.) How can I get the lowest possible fare?

A.) BE FLEXIBLE! Book early and include a Saturday night stay if possible. Airlines sometimes offer sales on off-peak days like Tuesday and Thursday. Travel agents can help you find good fares and simplify the booking process for you. You may also want to shop for fares through online travel sites like Travelocity or Orbitz. When booking online, make sure you check a variety of times and days to find the best possible fare. Airlines frequently offer discounts and special fares only available on their websites. Also read the fine print before purchasing. Most of the deeply discounted fares are very restricted and non-refundable.

Q.) Why doesn't Southwest Airlines or Air Tran Airways fly into Tri-Cities?

A.) Tri-Cities Regional Airport would welcome Southwest or Air Tran; however the Tri-Cities market area does not currently meet the companies' requirements for population and travel demand. They can use their aircraft in other cities and gain many more passengers than we can provide. We'll keep trying though.

Q.) How do I find out about employment opportunities?

A.) If you are interested in employment with an airline, you must contact the airline. Each carrier does its own hiring of desk, flight and ground crew members. If you are interested with a position with TSA (Transportation Security Administration), please visit their website. If you are interested in employment with Tri-Cities Regional Airport, please contact Kathy Yakley at (423) 325-6003.

Fact or Fiction

Over the years, several myths have developed about Tri-Cities Regional Airport. Here

Archived