Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suburban george3

Conover WalMart Supercenter

4 posts in this topic

I broke this out of another thread, there is another Walmart Supercenter Shopping Center being built off I-40 exit 132 in Conover. Below are some pictures...

P7140388.jpg

P7140387.jpg

While this will bring more sprawl to the area, maybe it will also offset recent job losses in the textile/furniture industries.

I have dogged Wal-mart in several post but in this case I guess I don't have a leg to stand on. Granted the store always brings the generic chain store and what not but if it gives those people jobs then I can't really complain. At least they are doing someting instead of letting these companies move out of country.

I have dogged Wal-mart in several post but in this case I guess I don't have a leg to stand on. Granted the store always brings the generic chain store and what not but if it gives those people jobs then I can't really complain. At least they are doing someting instead of letting these companies move out of country.

NcSc74, I'm not a big WalMart fan here myself, however it is development in the area and there will be people who welcome and who do not welcome it. Granted WalMart is bringing jobs to the area, but they are not the caliber of the jobs that were lost. However, that is a topic for another thread in another forum.

Yeah I hear ya. That Toyota plant would be a good band aid for some of those jobs lost.