Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avery

Holly Springs

14 posts in this topic

Major economic announcement for Wake County is expected today in Raleigh for the new Novartis flu vaccine plant in Holly Springs.

Novartis in Holly Springs

Glad to see the announcement coming since the area got passed over by Bristol Meyers-Squibb earlier in the year.

This is pretty big. With all the other regions trying to lure these businesses, this is a huge win. The Triad was trying to land this as well. This isn't the last major biotech announcement this year though-stay tuned.

This is pretty big. With all the other regions trying to lure these businesses, this is a huge win. The Triad was trying to land this as well. This isn't the last major biotech announcement this year though-stay tuned.

not the last for the Triangle or for NC?

Triangle. It is a $700 million Roche Tamiflu production facility mentioned in a previous thread. The competition for major pharma/biotech operations has been reduced to about 3 locales-the Triangle, Boston area, and California as a whole.

One thing going for NC compared to Boston and California or Maryland, is lots of available land . The other areas are pretty densely developed. So it doesn't surprise me to see Novartis in Holly Springs versus RTP area. We have great chances of landing many of the Pharmaceticual companies new plants.

What I like about this is the Triangle is becoming like Pennsylvania/Philly/South Jersey when it comes to the next generation of Pharma companies. Much of this is generated by new Biotech companies.

Not sure how long ago many of these companies and plants came to Pennsylvania/Philly/South Jersey area and they litter the place. I have a friend who has a marketing job selling high end tech products to pharma companies. All he does is fly into Philly and rents a car and drives all over the area giving presentations for a week at a time and then goes back up the next week to continue to cover the companies he could not get in the week before.

Also, I have many friends from Philly area/NJ and they are 30 or so and their parents are retired pharma workers/sales/Executives.

One of the best industries to have take over your landscape.

What I like about this is the Triangle is becoming like Pennsylvania/Philly/South Jersey when it comes to the next generation of Pharma companies. Much of this is generated by new Biotech companies.

Not sure how long ago many of these companies and plants came to Pennsylvania/Philly/South Jersey area and they litter the place. I have a friend who has a marketing job selling high end tech products to pharma companies. All he does is fly into Philly and rents a car and drives all over the area giving presentations for a week at a time and then goes back up the next week to continue to cover the companies he could not get in the week before.

Also, I have many friends from Philly area/NJ and they are 30 or so and their parents are retired pharma workers/sales/Executives.

One of the best industries to have take over your landscape.

I would have to agree with you Subway Scoundrel about it being a great industry to take over the landscape. The jobs are well/high paying and generally well educated so it adds a nice culture benefit as well. Meaning they look to sponsor the arts/jazz festivals/musicals and so forth

Could Holly Springs be the next Cary.......

Could Holly Springs be the next Cary.......

may not be too far off

Triangle. It is a $700 million Roche Tamiflu production facility mentioned in a previous thread. The competition for major pharma/biotech operations has been reduced to about 3 locales-the Triangle, Boston area, and California as a whole.

Hello again DanRNC. I was in that thread a few months back. I thought I heard that Roche went to the Boston area. Do you know something more on this?

Bristol-Myers Squibb went to Boston. Roche is most likely to go to NC. There has been a lot of fury over at RTP in determining lots for a couple of big projects.

Bristol-Myers Squibb went to Boston. Roche is most likely to go to NC. There has been a lot of fury over at RTP in determining lots for a couple of big projects.

That's great news! Thanks for the info. Anybody else know of any more biotech firms looking at Holly Springs? The newspaper made it sound like they were prepping the parcels and infrastructure there for more than just Novartis.

Found this interesting article in the Observer.

Holly Springs heats up

Property selling for much more than assessed value and previous sales

story

We drove through there recently, the growth is amazing. 10 years ago, most people who lived in Raleigh or Cary couldn't place exactly where that town was. Now it seems to be the "in" place. I'm sure their growth is going to blur the lines again between Apex/Cary and Fuquay.