Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grrwymg

Detroit Tigers

17 posts in this topic

CNN.com's MLB Power Rankings:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...ex.html?cnn=yes

Am I really seeing this correctly? Tigers are #1?

Wow. What a magical season for the boys in the English D this year! Big series w/ the White Sox the next 3 days.

Best part, Sox have lost the last 3 since the All-Star break, putting the Tigers 4.5 games up.

I know there aren't a lot of baseball fans - but man - magical Tiger seasons don't happen very often. You have to take 'em when you can get 'em!

why yes, you are! let's hope the tigers can up that lead while currently in a series against the sox!

I remember when they won the World Series back in '84 . . .I was a junior in high school . . .boy, does that date me or what? lol

I haven't seen a Tigers game at Comerica Park yet. I think I'll have to check them out this season!

I went to a Reds game last weekend while in Cincinnati. I think we've discussed stadiums on riverfronts before. The river makes for a nice view, but the stadium does very little for the riverfront. I suppose the freeways dividing the river from downtown don't help too much either.

-nb

It is great to see the Tigers doing well again. I have always liked baseball the best but in the past decade blemishes such as steriods and cancellation of the World Series have really damaged its standing.

I hope a good story like the Tigers continues. The Tigers are a good group! Have you see Nate Robertson's "Gum Time" blog he keeps?

I have been so excited about baseball lately I even pulled out my old baseball cards from the 70s and 80...not that I am old enough to have collected cards in the 70s...I bought old ones :) I have not looked at these cards in over a decade...I have some really good ones.

Anybody else have cards?

I remember when they won the World Series back in '84 . . .I was a junior in high school . . .boy, does that date me or what? lol

I was in junior high when they won the series in 1968!

Go Tigers! I've got tickets to the 8/21 Tigers vs. White Sox game! :D

Wow. What a magical season for the boys in the English D this year!

At the Cubs Interleague game this year there were more people at Wrigley rooting for the Tigers than the Cubs.

When was the last time that happened? Probably never.

W-L

1-5 vs the White Sox

1-2 vs Boston

1-3 vs the Yankees.

Fix that by the end of the year and they could be looking at a world series title. I'm a white sox fan but if the Tigers win it, I would not have a problem with it at all. ;)

W-L

1-5 vs the White Sox

1-2 vs Boston

1-3 vs the Yankees.

Fix that by the end of the year and they could be looking at a world series title. I'm a white sox fan but if the Tigers win it, I would not have a problem with it at all. ;)

You have pointed out the one obvious flaw. The Bengals MUST learn how to beat these 3 teams to win the AL Championship.

At the Cubs Interleague game this year there were more people at Wrigley rooting for the Tigers than the Cubs.

When was the last time that happened? Probably never.

I was at the Friday and Saturday games @ Wrigley. The atmosphere was awesome. It was great running into so many Tiger fans in Chicago. Nightlife around Wrigelyville was fantastic, too.

I can't wait to go back, even though the Tigers probably won't be in town. :)

You have pointed out the one obvious flaw. The Bengals MUST learn how to beat these 3 teams to win the AL Championship.

Most definately. I really think the Tiges are ready to beat the top 3. The ChiSox are slumping; hopefully we've caught them at a good time to put a good whoopin' on them to expand the lead in the AL Central.

It is great to see the Tigers doing well again. I have always liked baseball the best but in the past decade blemishes such as steriods and cancellation of the World Series have really damaged its standing.

I hope a good story like the Tigers continues. The Tigers are a good group! Have you see Nate Robertson's "Gum Time" blog he keeps?

I have been so excited about baseball lately I even pulled out my old baseball cards from the 70s and 80...not that I am old enough to have collected cards in the 70s...I bought old ones :) I have not looked at these cards in over a decade...I have some really good ones.

Anybody else have cards?

Well said, JD.

The cancellation of the WS in what was it, '94? was an almost death blow to the sport. I think it has finally recovered from that horrible mistake. I also wish the whole steroid situation was done and over with. For the sake of the purity of the game, I hope Barry Bonds does NOT break Hank Aaron's HR record. He doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Hammerin' Hank.

"Gum Time" is just a whole bunch of fun. That's all there is to it. A bunch of guys playing a 'kids' game and having fun with it. That's the way baseball is meant to be played.

I haven't pulled out my card collection yet - in fact, I think they're buried in my Mom's basement. I don't think I ever grabbed them after moving out all those years ago. I wonder how much I could get for them...I'm pretty sure I have an OK collection w/ a few random high value cards. In the early 90's I got into hockey cards however. I have a ton more hockey cards. Anyways....moving off topic a touch now....

why yes, you are! let's hope the tigers can up that lead while currently in a series against the sox!

Doh! guess thats not tonite :(

I was in junior high when they won the series in 1968!

Amen, bro! I was in 7th grade! Somewhere in the parental household we still have an LP record with Ernie's play-by-play of the season: "A long fly ball out to right field. Here comes Kaline to score..."

Growing up, Bill Freehan lived about two miles away, and the city of Southfield changed the sub street name to Freehan Drive for a few weeks.

Anybody see Monroe's grand slam last night? It was sweet! :yahoo:

This is all a mirage- you really are not seeing this- no, it cannot be true. Will the real D. Tigers please stand up?!

I am just waiting for Guillermo Hernandez to show up. That's when you know that it's on, Tiger Fans!

Anways... I should snap back to reality:

Go Bronx Bombers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bleach the Dead Sox!

Anybody see Monroe's grand slam last night? It was sweet! :yahoo:

and who is the last guy youd expect that from? :P

thank the baseball gods for Javier Vaszquez's hanging slider!