The Hartford we rarely see

beerbeer

These beautiul single family homes line a quiet street on Hartford's west side. Like many of the very attractive parts of the city, they usually sit quietly unnoticed. There are actually more of these victorians on Girard Street. But these are some of the coolest paint jobs.

192700180_288580a331_b.jpg

192700186_ef5039cc31.jpg

192700184_58a2fb7477.jpg

192700183_bd384cfdae.jpg

192700181_6be04eb398.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These houses are great, and if this neighborhood is any indication, Lieberman is in BIG trouble. Lamont signs are everywhere.

Judging by Hartford, I'd say he's gonna lose by a landslide. Though I'm not sure what the climate is like in more moderate Democratic Majority municipalities. If it was up to the the cities though, he'd be all but gone already.

There we a couple of Lieberman signs in the neighborbor as well. There were only two LaMont signs on the street but they were in front of houses I liked. Two homes side by side, one had a LaMont the other a Liebermen, I wondered if the neighbors got along.

Some of the detailing on these homes were quite intricate but I didn't want to walk up onto folks porches.

Those are some great victorian houses. Fortunately they where never knocked down.

I would say most of the West End has remained intact over the years along with most of the residential neighborhoods. Where we messed up big time is Downtown and Asylum Hill.

If Hartford has an artsy funky neighborhood it is the West End. One of the city's best neighborhoods has the mansions on Scarborough, Terry Road and Westerly Terrace, the victorians on streets like Girard & Kenyon, the UCONN School of Law, Hartford Seminary, the newly redone Noah Webster School, Watkinson School, and finally Farmington Avenue which is home to numerous restaurants which are always packed (Braza, Half Door, Braza, Monte Alban, Vegas Blvd, Tisane, Whitney Grinder, etc.)

Archived