Burj Khalifa/Burj Dubai Update

brewers0048

Very impressive, thanks for the updated pics. The modern day Tower of Babel is definitely "history in the making". I really like the skyscraper that looks like a measuring ruler; how creative is that! Dubai is becoming the Manhattan-ized Riveira of the Persian Gulf. The cranes are incredible; is it true 1 of 6 cranes in the would are in the UAE??

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very impressive, thanks for the updated pics. The modern day Tower of Babel is definitely "history in the making". I really like the skyscraper that looks like a measuring ruler; how creative is that! Dubai is becoming the Manhattan-ized Riveira of the Persian Gulf. The cranes are incredible; is it true 1 of 6 cranes in the would are in the UAE??

No, I think it's more around 15%. It's quite a impressive with all the crane's, there literally everywhere.

• 4 weeks later...

The sand probably won't be as big of a problem once all these construction projects finish, and the desert is basically paved over with concrete.

I doubt all the dust comes jsut from construction areas. UAE has a large portion of desert - well, basically every part of the country is a large portion of desert.

Or if you were being sarcastic, I hardly see the point. Baren sand desert is not really worth conserving from an environmental standpoint. It's not like the land being paved over was valuable farm land or habitat for any animals. An evironmentally minded person might even make that argumetn that all human development should take place in the deser - on land not being used by any other life forms.

I doubt all the dust comes jsut from construction areas. UAE has a large portion of desert - well, basically every part of the country is a large portion of desert.

Or if you were being sarcastic, I hardly see the point. Baren sand desert is not really worth conserving from an environmental standpoint. It's not like the land being paved over was valuable farm land or habitat for any animals. An evironmentally minded person might even make that argumetn that all human development should take place in the deser - on land not being used by any other life forms.

Can someone update the pics on here once every couple of weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived