St Charles Plaza

Mith242

Looks like yet another condo development is going to Dickson. Greg House has apparently purchased 4 houses near the Post Office and will be placing a 6 story condo development there. Sounds like it will have 70 units and two levels of underground parking behind Colliers. Sounds like only four stories will have condos. It sounds like the other two will have amenities like an indoor pool and exercise facility and such. So it doesn't sound like this will be a mixed-use development. Greg House is the same developer of other nearby developments like the Three Sisters and the former Bakery developments. I haven't come across any renderings yet.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot to mention a couple of things. This will be following the new building height restrictions so they don't expect to have the same problems the Barber Group had. I think also because it's on such a small lot that it also makes the whole process a lot easier for the developer as well.

Thanks for the info, Mith. I'd heard some whisperings of another big condo development near the post office, but wasn't sure of the exact location. It must be at least a decent sized lot in order to house 70 condos on the top 4 floors only. I always drive St. Charles to and from work every day, but I can't picture exactly wich houses/lots might be included in this project. As long as the development is under an acre in size (which this one certainly seems to be) and meets all existing codes, then it doesn't have to go through the Planning Commission and can proceed with city administrative approval only.

This is more really exciting news for the Dickson Street area and I hear rumors of more developments like this that are coming in the very near future. It's also exciting in that the redevelopment is starting to radiate outward from Dickson Street. There are some with the City that say that all of this development (Renaissance, Legacy, Divinity, Underwood, Dickson, etc) is just the tip of the iceberg and that the real fun is yet to come. Exciting times for Downtown Fayetteville!

Yeah, Dickson St is going to be rather interesting in a couple of years after so many of these developments are finished. You almost wonder when it's going to stop. It would seem prices are going to finally hit the ceiling and developments will start moving further away from Dickson. I was surprised that this isn't going to be a mixed-use development. Granted it is off of Dickson St a bit somewhere behind Colliers. I got the impression it could be the corner of St Charles and Watson. Watson might be of interest because that's the small street that the Legacy Building is actually on.

Sounds like a good development, but I was under the impression that Dickson Street was supposed to be a business district according to the master plan. I would have thought that only mixed-use condos would be approved to prevent business stagnation.

This is actually off of Dickson street just a little. It sits just west of the Post Office and behind Colliers. This area of Dickson is mostly residential - consisting of older rentals and single family homes. There are, however, some offices around this area. I just heard about this from KNWA and thought I was going to be breaking the news. Man you are fast Mith.

This is actually off of Dickson street just a little. It sits just west of the Post Office and behind Colliers. This area of Dickson is mostly residential - consisting of older rentals and single family homes. There are, however, some offices around this area. I just heard about this from KNWA and thought I was going to be breaking the news. Man you are fast Mith.

:lol: Guess I got lucky and heard about this early this morning and managed to get on here before anyone else had posted about it. Still not having any luck finsing a website or any renderings on this. I wonder if this will be a continuing trend of developments to take place on Watson just south of Lafayette. There are some historic houses on Lafayette and not sure how far north developments go before they start running into some of these houses. By the way I forgot to post this. Looks like Greg House is looking at trying to move these houses and not just demolish them.

This seems to be bringing up a question from some people. How many condos can Dickson actually support? Especially considering none of these newer developments have opened yet. The Legacy should be open in a few months and I suppose the Spring Street Lofts might be also. But so many of these other condo developments haven't even broke ground yet. But some of these condo developments could help spur more restaurant and retail developments in the area as well. Retail seems to be one thing the area around Dickson seems to be lacking somewhat.

I always liked Three Sisters, it's my favorite development on Dickson by far. If he can do something similarly stylish and make it six floors, more power to him.

I'm not sure what style this will be done in. Not sure even though it's the same developer if he'll have a different architect or even some different ideas on what he'll want this to look like. I'm telling you the way this area of Dickson is growing, the post office is really going to seem out of place there.

Well I got somewhat of a look at a rendering of the development on KHOG. They showed Greg House talking about his development and he was pointing out a few things on a rendering. But to be honest I couldn't really make out too much by what I saw. It looked like a rather rough rendering. Looked more like a sketch someone made. Looks like we'll just have to wait. Who knows maybe he hasn't even done anything but some rough sketches at this point. Seeing how long it's taking to get some of these other developments going this could be just the very start of the process.

Well I got somewhat of a look at a rendering of the development on KHOG. They showed Greg House talking about his development and he was pointing out a few things on a rendering. But to be honest I couldn't really make out too much by what I saw. It looked like a rather rough rendering. Looked more like a sketch someone made. Looks like we'll just have to wait. Who knows maybe he hasn't even done anything but some rough sketches at this point. Seeing how long it's taking to get some of these other developments going this could be just the very start of the process.

I know someone who caught a plane ride back from London with Greg House. Seems like he has been very excited about this project for atleast six months. I don't think he is just at the rough sketches. Although you never know with projects like these

I know someone who caught a plane ride back from London with Greg House. Seems like he has been very excited about this project for atleast six months. I don't think he is just at the rough sketches. Although you never know with projects like these

Well, St Charles Plaza llC was formed in February so the project definitely isn't just starting, but the design of the building may still be at the early stages.

http://www.nwamorningnews.com/pdfarchive/2...2-5-06%20D2.pdf

Yeah from what I'm hearing he does have renderings but isn't going to release them for a little while longer. Apparently it's inspired from one of the renderings the Dover Kohl group presented at the 2025 meetings. So this won't be something real flashy. Something more on the traditional side.

Yeah from what I'm hearing he does have renderings but isn't going to release them for a little while longer. Apparently it's inspired from one of the renderings the Dover Kohl group presented at the 2025 meetings. So this won't be something real flashy. Something more on the traditional side.

If it has anything to do with Greg House it'll be a traditional design and not a high tech tinted glass structure with steel railing. Greg House was involved with the Three Sisters and quite a few historic home restorations.

If it has anything to do with Greg House it'll be a traditional design and not a high tech tinted glass structure with steel railing. Greg House was involved with the Three Sisters and quite a few historic home restorations.

Yep, that's him. Hey thanks for finding his website. I hadn't had much luck looking for it. Although tyhere isn't anything in there on St Charles Plaza. The future development page is 'under construction'. Honestly as developments move closer towards Lafayette I think more traditional designs would be better. I'm not sure if there are any historical houses actually on Lafayette but the Mt Nord Historical District is just north of there. Some of the houses near Lafayette do appear to be early 20th century. Although there's nothing real fancy.

Okay time for some pics. This first one is looking north-northwest on St Charles Ave. On the lefthand side of the pic you can see the back of Colliers.

img3622ssmr4.jpg

The second pic is looking westward at the southern corner of St Charles and Watson. I'm not positive but I am under the impression is this corner and not the northern corner of St Charles and Watson. I do remember hearing something about the back of Colliers.

img3623ssiw7.jpg

The third and fourth shots are looking southward on St Charles. The post office is on the lefthand side of the pics.

img3625sser4.jpg

img3626ssxe3.jpg

The last pic is looking southwest of a couple of the houses from Watson.

img3627ssii5.jpg

Nice pics Mith-- I thought I had a good mental image of what was there... I used to cut through that alley (I guess it's called Watson) a lot. What a nice location.

I'm wondering if Watson could become a more well known street in the near future with the Legacy down on the other end of it. The first pic of today's Legacy pics was taken from Watson. From what I could tell the houses along Watson didn't seem to stand out quite as much as Lafayette. Don't imagine there would be a big fuss if more development came to this small street. Might be interesting place to put some future retail and restaurants being so close to Dickson.

Wow, another Condo Project, and I was out of town to hear about it.

Looks like a great location for one, can't wait to see some renders, hopefully it will be something like the Three Sisters.

Yeah we had one bit of development news come out while you were gone. At least it helped keep things from being real slow while you were gone.

• 1 month later...

Can someone post the renderings of the plaza that appeared today in the paper?

It looks more like 5 stories because the bottom 2 are parking and is partially underground. However, it is a really nice looking residence.

This may turn into a nice entertainment district supported by retiring baby boomers and rich college students alike. I might be priced out, but I can afford to walk on the streets. In a way I'll miss the riff-raff that used to dwell dickson street. I wonder if people will still be able to take their guitar down there and entertain themselves on the corner.

Archived