St Charles Plaza

Mith242

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked how they also talked about the potential of Watson St. I suppose this might tie into whether they eventually tap out demand on condos. But I could see Watson experiance more changes in the near future. There aren't really any houses there that look to be particularly historical or that highly desirable. It also builds more towards Lafayette which does have some historical desirable homes.

This development reminds me of buildings from Key West for some reason, or the Grand Floridian Resort in Orlando.

This should be very good infill, I expect these condos to sell out before construction ends.

Well someone in the Florida condo business is apparently involved with Greg House. Not sure if that could possibly be it. Once again I'm still sorta wondering how all of this is going to pan out. I'm wondering if all these projects will be completed on Dickson. That's a lot of condos to go up around the same time period. As I also mentioned in another topic. I'm also wondering if some of these developments are a bit too 'urban' for a lot of people's taste. It's been mentioned that the Legacy is still having some problems selling all their units. Hopefully things will pick up as the construction gets closer to completion.

Well someone in the Florida condo business is apparently involved with Greg House. Not sure if that could possibly be it. Once again I'm still sorta wondering how all of this is going to pan out. I'm wondering if all these projects will be completed on Dickson. That's a lot of condos to go up around the same time period. As I also mentioned in another topic. I'm also wondering if some of these developments are a bit too 'urban' for a lot of people's taste. It's been mentioned that the Legacy is still having some problems selling all their units. Hopefully things will pick up as the construction gets closer to completion.

I dunno about being too urban. I think that's a good thing, personally. But I think as you have pointed out previously, Mith, that we need more affordable housing. Really small but highly designed condos where a single person, a married couple, or a married couple with one kid could afford to live comfortably at a reasonable price. It seems like a 700 square foot quality unit could be delivered for $100K-115K if costs are controlled and everyone doesn't get too greedy. They would have zero problems selling these around here. Many parents would buy one for their kids while in school figuring it might go up in value and they could recover some of those housing expenses!

I dunno about being too urban. I think that's a good thing, personally. But I think as you have pointed out previously, Mith, that we need more affordable housing. Really small but highly designed condos where a single person, a married couple, or a married couple with one kid could afford to live comfortably at a reasonable price. It seems like a 700 square foot quality unit could be delivered for $100K-115K if costs are controlled and everyone doesn't get too greedy. They would have zero problems selling these around here. Many parents would buy one for their kids while in school figuring it might go up in value and they could recover some of those housing expenses!

Yeah I've heard about that becoming a bigger trend. Parents buying condos where their kids go to school at. Anyway I haven't heard too many responses about the rendering of the St Charles Plaza. Overall I think it will fit in well with the Dickson St area. Ironic that it will be just a little bit away from the Divinity though.

I really like the look of that drawing, and I could definitely see that going there. It'll look odd for a little while I'm sure, but as large as it is, I'm sure things will build up right around it too. I like the spark in downtown development going on. It should help ensure the future of downtown Fayetteville, as opposed to things getting pulled more toward the NWA mall area.

I really like the look of that drawing, and I could definitely see that going there. It'll look odd for a little while I'm sure, but as large as it is, I'm sure things will build up right around it too. I like the spark in downtown development going on. It should help ensure the future of downtown Fayetteville, as opposed to things getting pulled more toward the NWA mall area.

Yeah I think both areas will continue to do well. I think in a lot of ways both area will continue to attract different 'crowds'. The Mall area is more for the people who want all the typical suburban amenities.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

This development sounds a step up from the others. The pool, courtyard and concierge service will make it more a resort than just condos. I would think they would wait and see how the Lofts sell seeing as how the Lofts have such a head start. If an oversupply of high end condos does exist the prices might come down to reflect that.

This development sounds a step up from the others. The pool, courtyard and concierge service will make it more a resort than just condos. I would think they would wait and see how the Lofts sell seeing as how the Lofts have such a head start. If an oversupply of high end condos does exist the prices might come down to reflect that.

Archived