St Charles Plaza

Mith242

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Um yeah, except for the fact that Fayetteville is a long, long way from the beach and that type of architecture has NOTHING to do with the downtown area. This is completely ridiculous and shows poor taste on House's part. Vernacular Architecture- look it up.

I guess I'd have to say I would like to see more continuity. But I do like other styles and such as well. If this was a perfect world I guess I'd like to have different districts or neighborhoods that had different influences and such. But of course that's not really feasible. But I do see everyone's point. While the Three Sisters Development is well liked by many, there are people who do complain that it doesn't fit in either.

I'm not saying it all has to be the same, I'm saying it should all fit with what is already there. It creates a sense of 'place' if you have an area with historically similar architecture that is preferably native to the area. You don't want to go visit Rome and see an asian pagoda next to the coliseum. Same priniple here, if you wanna see floridian "beach" architecture, go to Florida.

• 3 weeks later...

This project is ready to go but has been pushed back until next year according to Greg House. With the slowdown in the market, they are going to wait until they presell enough of the units before they start construction. Seems like it will eventually get moving but not this year.

Here is more info on the project from the Times: St Charles Plaza

This project is ready to go but has been pushed back until next year according to Greg House. With the slowdown in the market, they are going to wait until they presell enough of the units before they start construction. Seems like it will eventually get moving but not this year.

Here is more info on the project from the Times: St Charles Plaza

Archived