Signature Tower: Contractor chosen

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good. It still mentions a boutique hotel, and of course got the height wrong. It wouldn't be a good article if the height it correct.

Actually, I think this height maybe correct. Several weeks ago someone posted that the drawings of ST reflected a height of 1,052' 3". I could be wrong on the exact number but it was slightly more than the 1047'. Anyway, I believe this person was with a company bidding on the project. We shall see. Oh wait, no we won't because this is a dead project. :blink:

Yes, the 1052' 2" figure is indeed correct as referenced from the architecturals. The fact that Giarratana has selected such a reputable GC as Turner Construction is an excellent indicator of the seriousness of this project.

Here is my post to which you are refering: http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...st&p=428673

-Sean

Given the height of the other buildings this contractor has worked on, namely the Dubai high-rise (at 2,300 feet), the Sig is gonna be a "shorty" by comparison ! :rofl:

Hey Newtowner, you'd probably slit your wrists if you had to live in Dubai! HA! :P

You guys are a riot.

:whistling: You keep adding insult to injury by pulling even farther away from BOA Atlanta.

I've said all along it didn't matter if Tony got all the reservations or not at this point. The national and international attention this project has gotten precludes any chance that Nashville would allow the embarressment of changing it or even backing down the height. It will be a go no matter what. The credibility of Nashville as a serious major city will be damaged otherwise.

I can't wait to see the cranes. We will be driving through there at Christmas so I hope they at least have a hole beginning by then.

Thanks Plasticman, I'm hoping for a Christmas miracle and an early groundbreaking but I'm just being greedy. I agree about the wave of attention rising behind Tony and ST. I can only imagine the cool national press it will generate up to completion. You should try to make one of our forum meets sometime. I'd be cool to get a Plasticman-cheeriokid-Skyscrapergeek photo. That would mean you'd have to show up too cheerio. Plus, we could say mean things about MP. :shades:

Let's see....how much taller do we need to be to beat Dubai?

Thanks Plasticman, I'm hoping for a Christmas miracle and an early groundbreaking but I'm just being greedy. I agree about the wave of attention rising behind Tony and ST. I can only imagine the cool national press it will generate up to completion. You should try to make one of our forum meets sometime. I'd be cool to get a Plasticman-cheeriokid-Skyscrapergeek photo. That would mean you'd have to show up too cheerio. Plus, we could say mean things about MP. :shades:

Let's see....how much taller do we need to be to beat Dubai?

Saw a documentary the other day about the Sears Tower and another about the two 800+ foot towers in Riyadh (Kindom Centre & Al Faisaliah Centre). Made me wonder if we'll be seeing something similar for the building of Signature Tower? Tallest residential tower, tallest outside NY/CHI, built by the same guys that built Tapei 101 and building Burk Dubai? That will be something to see!

My last trip to the top of the Trade Center was on Sept. 2, 2001, nine days before they fell. The time before had been in 1979. Guess that was cutting it a bit close. But, I don't really fear the tower thing, especially in Nashville. Geek's got a parachute; I'll ride down with him. Nope, that's his cape. One cape, four hands, sounds like a parachute to me.

My last trip to the top of the Trade Center was on Sept. 2, 2001, nine days before they fell. The time before had been in 1979. Guess that was cutting it a bit close. But, I don't really fear the tower thing, especially in Nashville. Geek's got a parachute; I'll ride down with him. Nope, that's his cape. One cape, four hands, sounds like a parachute to me.

:rofl: That could work Dave but whose going to hold the camera?

Dave, that's pretty scary. I was a block away from going inside the towers the day of the first bombing there in 1993 or around there. But I don't think we have to worry. The World Trade Center Towers were icons, and held offices from around the world. Signature Tower will be an icon of Nashville, but not to the same degree, and terrorists probably wouldn't want to attack a residential tower.

I'm with you. I was on top of the WTC on August 30, 2001. Got some of the best photos ever that day.

Archived