Signature Tower: Contractor chosen

I think there'll be plenty of cranes to go around. Encore's should be up by the end of August,

I think the tower crane will be up by the middle of August. Expect to see vertical elements (columns, shearwalls) by the end of August. Construction is going to start on the south end of the jobsite. Once things start cranking up there, I hope to periodically post pics from within the jobsite.

I wonder where the webcam, if they do one, will be placed. There's not really anything south of Broadway tall enough to give a decent view of construction. Everything north is blocked from view until they get above the Symphony.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I trust you guys will have your cameras ready. I read somebody's post on SSC that there are 10 cranes up already. Is that a record in the modern era?

LOL!! That was my post on there and I think it is a record for Nashville.

[i wonder where the webcam, if they do one, will be placed. There's not really anything south of Broadway tall enough to give a decent view of construction. Everything north is blocked from view until they get above the Symphony.]

They might put a web cam on the crane itself.

They might put a web cam on the crane itself.

If it's in the typical Novare fashion with Oxblue cams, it will be offsite attached to another building. Attaching it to the crane would be the logical choice, but the view may not always be of the entire jobsite - which I'm sure the contractor and owner wants to see.

I still don't understand why Adelicia still doesn't have their webcam up. They're about to start the second level of the garage for crying out loud.

I think the tower crane will be up by the middle of August. Expect to see vertical elements (columns, shearwalls) by the end of August. Construction is going to start on the south end of the jobsite. Once things start cranking up there, I hope to periodically post pics from within the jobsite.

I wonder where the webcam, if they do one, will be placed. There's not really anything south of Broadway tall enough to give a decent view of construction. Everything north is blocked from view until they get above the Symphony.

Maybe they can put one up on the Bell South Tower. They should be able to get an awesome view of the site from up there.

Since this topic has become mostly a hen party, its going to the coffeehouse. If you guys want these things to stay open in the main Nashville forum then please stop with the one liners and stick to the subject at hand.

What would be the harm of leaving this thread in the Nashville forum?

Archived