CONSTRUCTION THREAD: 98 East McBee

g-man430

Keep in mind, that unlike Pinnacle, Main at McBee, Camperdown, and nearly every other project that has been proposed but yet to break ground, this project does not require leasing/pre-sales. It is a hotel and the operator is already on-board.

While there is always some chance that ANY project will not break ground, until it actually does, this project is by far the most likely to do so, IMO.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you're not g-man?

My apologies in advance for the vent; however...

BEGIN VENT

He is. Come clean, Mr. Sharp. I'd rather see you on here as g-man430 again (and not banned) than be forced to deal with you creating new usernames and adding to the chaos. Maybe if you promise monsoon and Neo that you'll abide by the rules and if one of us takes you as an understudy or something, they'll remove your ban? I dunno. All I know is that I do sense much prmoise in you; however, that promise is often overshadowed by teen angst/ignorance/belligerence/whatever you call it these days, and that's just a major bummer, man.

This is a place for mature, responsible discussions and it's difficult at times to conduct those with all of the antics, distractions, and drama introduced by this battle you're having with the moderators. Can't you just invite them over for a visit and sit down over a beer (if you're old enough to buy them one) or something and clear the air? Come on, man! Let's all grow up and end this thing.

END VENT

It has absolutely nothing to do with the Peacock; however, it is a tangential discussion spawned from a post that occured just a few posts back in this same thread. My apologies, but I'm a bit put off by all of the B.S. and just want to see it end so we can get back to talking about things like the Peacock.

My apologies in advance for the vent; however...

BEGIN VENT

He is. Come clean, Mr. Sharp. I'd rather see you on here as g-man430 again (and not banned) than be forced to deal with you creating new usernames and adding to the chaos. Maybe if you promise monsoon and Neo that you'll abide by the rules and if one of us takes you as an understudy or something, they'll remove your ban? I dunno. All I know is that I do sense much prmoise in you; however, that promise is often overshadowed by teen angst/ignorance/belligerence/whatever you call it these days, and that's just a major bummer, man.

This is a place for mature, responsible discussions and it's difficult at times to conduct those with all of the antics, distractions, and drama introduced by this battle you're having with the moderators. Can't you just invite them over for a visit and sit down over a beer (if you're old enough to buy them one) or something and clear the air? Come on, man! Let's all grow up and end this thing.

END VENT

WELL SAID RT :thumbsup:

Has anyone not heard anything else about this project, I have a sinking feeling about this one. Cdude?

I met Mr. Kent recently and spoke briefly with him about the project. He is very excited about it. Keep in mind, he and his business partner have already hired away the GM from the resort in Virginia. Not sure why the GM would leave for an "iffy" deal.

I met Mr. Kent recently and spoke briefly with him about the project. He is very excited about it. Keep in mind, he and his business partner have already hired away the GM from the resort in Virginia. Not sure why the GM would leave for an "iffy" deal.

Which proves the high level of quality we can expect in this project. I am thoroghly excited about this as well, and look forward to witnessing the crane(s) erecting the steel skeleton within a few months. :shades:

That is exactly why I can no longer get excited when new projects are announced. Either you never hear anything else about them, or they take so long to materialize that involved parties back out and they never happen. I am afraid that will happen to the Croc Center as well, and possibly this hotel. And we had heard that the Pinnacle was supposed to start this month (again), yet now nothing (just like last September). I think this is is part of what keeps Greenville from getting to the next level. Or maybe an illustration of why it hasn't gotten to the next level. I am sure projects fail in other cities; but places like Charlotte, Austin, and Richmond (the cities Greenville is trying to catch up to) are able to make many of their projects happen. I would gladly trade some of these "announcements" to see a couple of them actually happen.

Archived