CONSTRUCTION THREAD: 98 East McBee

g-man430

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That paint is probubly marking the location of utilities. Also, it will wash away over time.

That's exactly what those marks indicate. They're orange.

It mows away rather quickly, too (when on grass). :rofl:

It's nothing a good pressure washer won't take care of...or a few months of weather, that's for sure.

This is just getting weird now. Nancy Whitworth has told me the building is going to be 14 stories tall and so has one member of the DPC, but another member of the DPC is saying it's going to be 11 stories tall. :unsure: I'm going with 14 though, because that's what the renders look like and that's what most people have said how many stories tall it would be after I asked them.

I think I see why there is confusion now. The lobby is only going to be one floor, but it's going to be 3 stories tall, so you could say this is going to be an 11-story building with the height of a 14-story one. :)

Just to throw more confusion into the mix:

At a meeting today, I was told it was 13 stories above ground with 2 below. for a total of 15.

• 3 weeks later...

So, we're almost half way through September... Is there any positive signs of progress on the site or is there any news floating around out there?

The only work taking place in the area is still infrastructure work on Spring Street near the corner of East McBee. It looks as though some pipe is being replaced or put in place. I'm not sure if it's related to the Peacock or not, but it could be. On the property itself, gravel has been put down as a temporary road bed on the side near Court Square for work vehicles to enter and exit the property.

Don't forget that the initial projection was for late September, not mid-month. ;)

Hey guys, it's me carolinadude9409. For some reason my account got all screwed up and everytime I would try to sign on, I would get this error message so I had to go make a whole new account. I sure hope that is ok with Neo and Metro'm. Also, you are correct Skyliner. The peacock is going to begin at the end of this month and that gravel road leading into the property RT was talking about is indeed for construction vehicles. :thumbsup:

Wait a minute, it says that I was banned for being g-man. I'm not g-man. I was checking out this site though when he got banned. :blink:

So, we're almost half way through September... Is there any positive signs of progress on the site or is there any news floating around out there?

Channel 4 said something about this project immediately following the new Westside Condo announcement the other day on the 11:00 coverage. Unfortunately, I was on the phone and missed it, so I don't know if it was a start date or what. Still no sign up. After all of our other debacles, I feel like this one is probably going to be delayed too.

Archived