CONSTRUCTION THREAD: 98 East McBee

g-man430

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were working on McBee station yesterday, and i can just walk right up the street at lunch time to get something to eat. I walked by the peacock job and they got some big piles of what appeared to be rock dust, and lots of i would say 2' pipe. It also appeared like they were cutting some dirt out towards the back of the lot. Ill be able to keep this under tabs also since ill be on Mcbee station till the end.

We were working on McBee station yesterday, and i can just walk right up the street at lunch time to get something to eat. I walked by the peacock job and they got some big piles of what appeared to be rock dust, and lots of i would say 2' pipe. It also appeared like they were cutting some dirt out towards the back of the lot. Ill be able to keep this under tabs also since ill be on Mcbee station till the end.

Thanks for the updates, Evan! I look forward to hearing more from you about this project as well as McBee Station. As an out-of-towner, progress reports like these are invaluable!

We will probably have the publix and staples up by the time they get the crane put up for this thing. I walk up there and look everyday to see whats going on. There is a lot that has to be done before the main structure gets started. I remember how much prep work went into riverplace before they even started the concrete structure. After that initial prep work it will rise rather quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if that's really how tall it will be. I have my doubts. I think it's more to give you an understanding of what you will see, but it's not at any particular height. There's no way (or atleast highly unlikely) that's it's going to be close in height to the Landmark Building...

I wonder if that's really how tall it will be. I have my doubts. I think it's more to give you an understanding of what you will see, but it's not at any particular height. There's no way (or atleast highly unlikely) that's it's going to be close in height to the Landmark Building...

I am inclined to agree with you, GvilleSC. While I would love for that to be the actual view from the top of the building, it looks too tall. Wouldn't the building have to be 40 stories to have that view?

Regardless, this project is awesome and will be big for our city in many ways. I am very excited about it!!

Yea, I really don't think the views on the web site are meant to be representative of any particular floor or height, unlike those that were on the T@F&B site, which had different panoramas for various floor heights to represent what views would be like from those floors.

This building will be a nice addition to the skyline, regardless. It'll be impressive from many different perspectives. :shades:

This is really exciting. McBee Avenue is going to change drastically over the next year or so. I can't wait to witness the transformation. :yahoo:

You're right Krazee. I hope that the condos sell well (even at their rediculously high price), and that it can help encourage other projects to step up to the plate. :thumbsup:

Here is some interesting info that I received from somebody that is involved with this project:

We hired a photographer who takes a remote airplane with an attached digital camera to take photos of the approximate views. Sooo.....views should show an accurate placement of 10,11,12 floors. Majority of info and condo package is on website.

^^^sounds like the same guy who took those pics of the greenville drive ballpark on opening night and who had that story on him in the G-ville News.

Oh yea, those are 100% accurate views as I'm sure that guy has an altimeter on his little airplane and the altimeter display is likely on his remote control... :whistling: NOT!

Oh yea, those are 100% accurate views as I'm sure that guy has an altimeter on his little airplane and the altimeter display is likely on his remote control... :whistling: NOT!

Obviously, one quick look at the "views" on the website should be suficient enough to know they are inaccurate. :lol:

DogsonWheels. I actually talked to you one day. Me and a coworker walked up there from Mcbee station and i bought two dogs from you. I liked them and they tasted good. I dont know if you remember me. I was asking you about how you did at fall for greenville though if you remember that. I know you talk to a lot of people. The peacock is closer than our job so you will probably have some contruction workers come from there to get some lunch. Ill be sure to walk back up there one day this week and get some lunch.

Any proof that those views are inaccurate? NO. Just because they were taking from a remote control airplane, does that mean their inaccurate? NO. This is g-vegas baby. Anything can happen.

Well, there certainly is no proof that we have, because we don't have any word on the building height, but that would be some very tall ceilings. I'd love for it to be that tall, but it's highly unlikely.

Archived