RBC Plaza

NovaRaleigh

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is the RBC tower supposed to be the tallest tower in Raleigh when it only has a story or two to go? It's still shorter than the Wachovia building. How tall is the crown?

According to the renderings. The crown (crown and spire) to the equivalent of 10 condo stories. So, that will do it. That'll do.

looks like part of the crown is staged beside the Edison parking deck already (Martin St side)

So that's what that was. I drove by today and was wondering what they were building there. It looks as if the condos are finished and they are putting the roof over the top floor now. There were 11 condo floors right?

^ That's because it doesn't have one, and why we say it has 32 actual floors, and not 33.

Anybody know what the 2-story gray box will contain above the top residential floor and below the crown? I seem to recall NewRaleigh mentioning it would be an RBC exec. penthouse suite, or something along those lines. Maybe just a mechanical room--although I would think that would be on the "structural transition floor" between the office and residential portion.

rbcbuilding.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

FYI the crane is in the process of growing once again. I would think it would be to its final height in an hour or two from now. Maybe this will give us a better idea of how high the RBC really will go.

From my understanding, all they are will be doing now is moving the crane high enough to add the "crown".

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed the "poles" on the top yesterday, so figured the mechanicals and crown would be going up sometime soon.

My St. Patricks day prediction was pretty close for the condo floors, but didn't anticipate how long the top part would take.

Someone focused the RBC Plaza cam on the "Edison" deck, which is now filling in between Wilmington and the first sections built close to the middle of the block.

Archived