RBC Plaza

NovaRaleigh

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. Although it's not a groundbreaking or breathtaking design, this one looks a great deal better in person than it does in renderings. Anyone else noticed the view of RBC Plaza as you head down Hillsborough Street past the Belltower? It's dead ahead and quite impressive.

got a chance to look at the 33rd floor units. the corner units are phenomenal. this building is really nice inside and the residential component is really nice.

thought the lobby was kind of small, but there is an additional residential lobby too. The bank seemed kind of small as well compared to the nice open wachovia space a block north.

The pool is dinky. I wish they would have scrapped the pool and centered the condos on the building.

I saw the photo of the pool area and was surprised myself that it was not larger. Perhaps it will turn into a nice place for drinks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ I like that angle too, the east and west sides.

FYI, tonight at 9pm, Scott Custer of RBC will light up the RBC Plaza tower. FYI.

On a side note, I'd be interested to know who the retail tenants will be other than the RBC bank branch on the F/Martin corner and the rumored Taz butcher shop. There is a fairly sizeable space facing F-St next to the Hudson that looks to be ideal for a restaurant.

Rumor has it that the sizeable vacancy in the Hudson won't be vacant for too much longer. I know that the guys from Sono are looking (and looking seriously from what I've seen) at taking all or part of that for a new establishment. Just an FYI, and it may not come to fruition, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

^ I like that angle too, the east and west sides.

FYI, tonight at 9pm, Scott Custer of RBC will light up the RBC Plaza tower. FYI.

On a side note, I'd be interested to know who the retail tenants will be other than the RBC bank branch on the F/Martin corner and the rumored Taz butcher shop. There is a fairly sizeable space facing F-St next to the Hudson that looks to be ideal for a restaurant.

permits in the Triangle and Co. section today in the N&O had something for this address in the $150k range...upfitting the smallest space maybe?

It is also good to know that the Marriott will be finished this fall, as opposed to a couple of weeks ago when I walked through the lobby...

It was neat to see it last night when I put the recycling and trash on the curb! At first, I was hoping the spire and "hump" would be lit. But as the pictures show, it stands out more by only lighting the spire and RBC sign. Random condos will also be lit at various hours of the night, while the office floors may be dark.

• 1 month later...

I was gone a few days, but I surprised nobody posted this. RBC is now offiically open for business and some of the other firms are moving in next week. I assume condos are closing as well. There were a bunch of folks in formal wear gathered in the lobby at about 7pm and I saw the mayor and his wife among them. It will be interesting to see how the foot traffic increases in the evening when the residents all move in. I have already noticed a few more conventioneers walking around in the evening.

I was in Raleigh recently and I had the opportunity to get a sneak peak at the RBC building. The following are some pictures from the lobby of the residential portion, and some view from the 23rd floor in a corner unit that faces north and east. Some pictures (the ones without the reflections) are from the amenities deck. The views from up there were pretty sweet, though a little out of my price range. I learned a lot from my trip to Raleigh...

rbc_1_lobby.jpg

rbc_view_1.jpg

rbc_view_2.jpg

rbc_view_3.jpg

rbc_view_4.jpg

rbc_view_5.jpg

rbc_view_6.jpg

rbc_view_7.jpg

• 6 months later...

Archived