No Smoking

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too approve. I know it's tough on those who have smoked the better part of 30 years, but as a non-smoker, I can't stand it when that smoke drifts in my face. Yes, I know, I could move away, stand somewhere else, go somewhere else...but then again, why should I be the one who has to move?

However, I also see this as one more step towards decreasing teenage smoking. The less places there are for kids to smoke, the better. No, it won't stop it, but its a step in the right direction. I like to think positive. :thumbsup:

No smoking in any public facility (didn't think you could anyway) & no smoking w/in 10' of a building. So, if you are strolling down Monroe, stay away from building entrances. Bars & restaurants have to decide on their own if they want to ban smoking or not.

When are they going to step up and become more harsh on drunk drivers and places serving alcohol to intoxicated patrons? I'm a tad more worried about someone driving around drunk than someone blowing smoke in my face . . . .

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I hope the proposal becomes law. As for the Michigan Restaurant Association, what the heck are they afraid of? If the ban went through restaurants would see even more bussiness since non smokers like myself would have allot more options to pick from since there would be no worries about second hand smoke drifting into the non smoking section.

For example, Pop's, a family own resturaunt located in walker, has great food that's as good as grandma's home cooking. But I've only eaten there once and never returned because of all the smokers in the place. If smoking were banned I'd go back and eat there in a heart beat.

Archived