republican on the democratic VP ticket?

cityboi

Sen. McCain Open to Being Kerry's VP

2 hours, 25 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Republican Sen. John McCain allowed a glimmer of hope Wednesday for Democrats fantasizing about a bipartisan dream team to defeat President Bush (news - web sites).

AP Photo

Reuters

Slideshow: Sen. John McCain

Latest headlines:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest donaltopablo

I heard this rumor. It sure would make thing interesting, but I would simply be amazed if it happened however. The Republicans would roast McCain alive and I can't see the Democratic establishment putting up with it.

I agree, although it would be interesting. I'd actually probably vote it, maybe if they get a good poll in it would happen.

They can beat Bush without McCain or some other Republicrat running with Kerry. If anything, McCain may turn away some Democrat voters or those looking for a true Liberal ticket. I don't think a president running for office during a bad economy has ever won his next election. Usually the president in office is blamed for the bad economy. Bush has also taken his time helping people without jobs he made promises to from the Rustbelt to the South, doing nothing until the news or Democrats bring it up. I'm sure the Steelworkers issues will be big in the Rustbelt too! No votes for Bush there! I would like to see someone else as VP. I want to see Edwards as VP!

Archived