Streuver Bros.

it's just dave

It's been a while since I checked the Streuver Bros. et al website. It seems to be new and much more complete than I remembered.

Let's not let all this other stuff going on make us forget what may be the biggest turning point in SoBro and Rolling Mill. Looking at some of these images makes me more anxious every day to see what's about to happen on the river.

Check it out. Nashville's page looks great with the photo selections. No renderings yet, but I'm sure they're coming soon.

http://www.sber.com/home.php

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a while since I checked the Streuver Bros. et al website. It seems to be new and much more complete than I remembered.

Let's not let all this other stuff going on make us forget what may be the biggest turning point in SoBro and Rolling Mill. Looking at some of these images makes me more anxious every day to see what's about to happen on the river.

Check it out. Nashville's page looks great with the photo selections. No renderings yet, but I'm sure they're coming soon.

http://www.sber.com/home.php

You're right great pics Dave. I've been around Inner Harbor quite a bit this summer in Baltimore and am a BIG fan of their work there. I still have them in my mind as a great company to look at expanding to the East Bank. Looking forward to their renderings!

There will be quite a bit of space cheerio. The greeway/new riverfront development plans will take that land into consideration. I have a feeling just might be worthy of Chattanooga's attention when all is said and done. Let's certainly hope so anyway.

During the meeting on the park, the developers said this area is for greenway expansion and the first phase of the greenway extension will be on the parkside of the tracks, I think.

Looks nice. How much space will there be between the buildings and the river, and what are they going to do with that land?

I assume you mean the buildings where Demonbreun terminates into the greenway above the river and rail lines? If so, that's about 3/4 of an acre. It will be a public plaza. Picture tables spilling out into the area. We will probably also animate it with live music and other special events from time to time.

There will be quite a bit of space cheerio. The greeway/new riverfront development plans will take that land into consideration. I have a feeling just might be worthy of Chattanooga's attention when all is said and done. Let's certainly hope so anyway.

During the meeting on the park, the developers said this area is for greenway expansion and the first phase of the greenway extension will be on the parkside of the tracks, I think.

That's correct, but it's in Greenways and the city's hands. What they tell us is that they want an urban greenway on the west side of the tracks to be built with the stadium (connecting to RMH and to Riverfront park) and a river trail to be built at some point in the future when the riverfront master plan is complete. I believe there are about 2 acres of land on the east side of the tracks that touch the river. The land is steep though, so it will have to be some sort of structured trail.

It will have a very different feel than Chattanooga. Better I hope.

Michael, that's always been my feel as I listen to the lamentations about our riverfront being so "deficient". It's hard to be deficient when it hasn't even happened yet. My guess is that we'll be looking at absolutely first class work and amenities all the way. I love the Chatt riverfront a lot, but in places, especially across the river, it tends to look much like a state university park with less than stellar materials and design. The new downtown areas did much better. My hope is that we won't worry too much about what anybody else has done, and just do what we know is in the best interest of what Nashville represents.

I won't even say it here because it'll just tick off the other metros, but let's do what we're capable of doing, let's keep on fighting about what the best scenarios are to be, and in the end, create something absolutely second to none. We've waited a long time for this and it'll be years in the making, but I trust "us" the people of Nashville to see that we have something to be proud of, something that will mature gracefully, and something that generations to come will enjoy. Durability, beauty, river/city interaction and becoming an area of common space and connectivity for the series of urban neighborhoods should be our goal. No one should shlep on materials and workmanship for this, let's only have to do it once.

Oh, I remember why. It's because if it was facing downtown, then the sun would be in the batters' eyes in the afternoon, so they had to turn it a little. I think people on the first base line should be able to see downtown, though, so everyone that cares, like us, should just sit there.

Oh, I remember why. It's because if it was facing downtown, then the sun would be in the batters' eyes in the afternoon, so they had to turn it a little. I think people on the first base line should be able to see downtown, though, so everyone that cares, like us, should just sit there.

I don't understand the concept; you pay to watch a baseball game so you can look at the bulidings?

It's great that my city has become the standard for comparison when it come to waterfront development. I am hoping along with Dave that the Sounds project is the start of a world class waterfront for Nashville. I hope for a spectacular waterfront from Fiverfront park to the top of Rolling Mill Hill, and an equally spectacular waterfront from LP Field south connected by the pedestrial bridge. I'm hoping for nice parks, artwork, and many activities along the way.

It will be cool to have the Sounds playing downtown - especially if they can play against Milwaukee in the pre-season. Memphis has a game against St. Louis most every year that always sells out and is televised locally. Its pretty cool to see your city on tv for a baseball game. Last time it happened here I was at the Hilton and the bar was showing the game and tourists were watching it which made for an awesome vibe.

As for watching the skyline vs. watching the game - in my opinion the best place to do that is in Pittsburgh.

• 2 weeks later...

I assume you mean the buildings where Demonbreun terminates into the greenway above the river and rail lines? If so, that's about 3/4 of an acre. It will be a public plaza. Picture tables spilling out into the area. We will probably also animate it with live music and other special events from time to time.

That's correct, but it's in Greenways and the city's hands. What they tell us is that they want an urban greenway on the west side of the tracks to be built with the stadium (connecting to RMH and to Riverfront park) and a river trail to be built at some point in the future when the riverfront master plan is complete. I believe there are about 2 acres of land on the east side of the tracks that touch the river. The land is steep though, so it will have to be some sort of structured trail.

It will have a very different feel than Chattanooga. Better I hope.

Mr. Hayes, I was just wondering when the renderings of the buildings (showing the architectural styles of the residential) are anticipated to release. I am really really excited about this project but haven't heard alot lately and am worried I might have missed something? Thanks!

Michael, I think Frankliner may be referring to the master plan that was referenced in the NBJ article from April 6. The article mentioned that it was supposed to be out within 60 days.

Additional information on the ballpark will be released no later than the end of September, possible as soon as early September, in a presentation to the City Council. As SBER's buildings are taking design cues from the ballpark, we are purposefully behind them in the design process. I would anticipate releasing renderings this winter or early in the spring when we start marketing.

• 1 month later...

I noticed that the Sounds project was listed on Bidclrk yesterday. The project still calls for 600 residential units plus a 12,500 seat ballpark. Of interest was the estimated start date of February, 2007. That's a bit later than I expected and will require a pretty aggressive building schedule to get eveything built by April 2008 for the minor league season.

Sounds project on Bidclerk

• 1 month later...

Plans are changing a little for the Ball Park. A reduction in the number of condos and apartments may be ahead.

From the NBJ

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville...ml?surround=lfn

It sounds like they have an awful lot of work to do in a relatively short period of time. I beleive they need to break ground early next year in order to get thge ballpark finished in time for the next season. I'm looking forward to seeing their final plans.

Archived