Streuver Bros.

it's just dave

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lexy,

I believe that the article stated that it would be an increase, since they would be adding office space. So I gather the size remains the same, or actually increases... you just have less condo's because so much of it will be taken up by office space now, instead of condo space.

Thanks, I haven't read the article yet. But I do find it to be a bit surprising that office space is replacing, so to speak, condo space. That is a interesting sign either way you look at it. Could the DT office market be revving back up a bit???

These changes are being discussed. Struever is considering 177,000 sq of office atop the hotel when originally he was going to put condos. These earlier plans were drawn before some of the large condo projects were announced. The office build-out will be more expensive.

I think there will be a shift to downtown office space. It may not be huge, but I think it will happen. A large energy company, according to last week's BJ print edition, is moving its corporate headquarters to Nashville. They've leased offices on West End in the large building at Murphy Road. It's not downtown, but it's close. That's two headquarters announcements in the past week, both in Davidson County, so things are looking good.

I think we'll see a slow but steady increase in downtown office absorption. What we might see is smaller companies as opposed to one large tenant, but that will help the mix more than anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived