Boiling Springs Developments

lynturner99

No clue. I was in the Parr 3 the other day. I should have asked.

That parcel was cleared about three years ago but nothing has happened yet. I heard rumors of a Home Depot a few years back but nothing has been announced.

Boiling Springs is booming and I expect to see this parcel filled with an exciting retail center anytime.

I've been reading the boards here for the past few months but this is my first post. Thanks for all the info on developments coming our way.

I was at the new Parr 3 in Boiling Springs a couple weeks ago and the owner told me that he vacant land will be used for the Copper River Grill (mentioned in the resturants thread) and a few shops for lease.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see more development occur closer to I-85. Most of Boiling Spring's development has occurred north of the interstate around the Wal-Mart Supercenter. This development has strained the roads in the area. The area around I-85 is ripe for new restaurants and shopping centers.

I'm glad to hear that a few things will be built near 85. I live close to the interstate and driving into B.S. from here can be a hassle sometimes.

Does anyone know if the old Ingle's is ever going to be used for anything? That seems like a great location and I'm sick of looking at that old empty building.

hah, Boiling Springs is a hassle at anytime. Rush hour up there is just awful. The HJ did an article a year or so ago that highlighted Boiling Springs Road as one of the most congested in the county. It is over capacity and there are no plans to expand it. Not to mention the fact that they are widening quite a few other roads in the area, which will increase traffic no doubt.

I think that a solution would be to make it easier to get over to 26, or using Old Furnace Rd/Bryant Rd, so that traffic can get into Spartanburg using different routes than Boiling Springs Rd.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if BSprings will end up having some type of dedicated police force? I applied to be a Sherriff reserve officer but the way BSprings is expanding I can't see how they keep up with it. We had to call the SO for an urgent matter and we live off Parris Bridge Rd. It took them 75 minutes to get to us.

I wonder if BSprings will end up having some type of dedicated police force? I applied to be a Sherriff reserve officer but the way BSprings is expanding I can't see how they keep up with it. We had to call the SO for an urgent matter and we live off Parris Bridge Rd. It took them 75 minutes to get to us.

IMO its just of matter of time before BS incorporates. People there aren't going to tolerate 75 minutes!

I saw the sign is up for Copper River beside the Parr 3 on Hwy 9. I also heard, albeit from two guys talking in WalMart, that the plan is to build 5 Restaurants on this location. Now that sounds crazy, but you never know.

I wonder if this means that we are getting some more new chains (Macaroni Grill, Carrabba's, Sticky Fingers, Cheeseburger in Paradise, On the Border, Joe's Crab Shack) will be coming to Spartanburg county (even if it's in Boiling Springs).

I wonder if this means that we are getting some more new chains (Macaroni Grill, Carrabba's, Sticky Fingers, Cheeseburger in Paradise, On the Border, Joe's Crab Shack) will be coming to Spartanburg county (even if it's in Boiling Springs).

Maybe on highway 9 near 85? You never know.... they would have to create a destination out of it (sort of like Pelham Rd @ 85 in Greenville)

A couple of days ago they put up an artist rendition of the new Village at Greene Creek. The architecture looks (at least from HWY 9 going 40mph) like the shops at Wood Creek, except I think there is going to be a fountain in the middle. Hopefully there is still room for more restaurants to compliment the new Copper River Grill. Im tired of waiting in line at Capri's.

Edited by lynturner99

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of days ago they put up an artist rendition of the new Village at Greene Creek. The architecture looks (at least from HWY 9 going 40mph) like the shops at Wood Creek, except I think there is going to be a fountain in the middle. Hopefully there is still room for more restaurants to compliment the new Copper River Grill. Im tired of waiting in line at Capri's.

Where was the picture posted? :shades: