Boiling Springs Developments

lynturner99

Here are the plans for the new shops at boiling springs as I believe they are going to be called. The plan seems to call for 6 separate tracts of land to be developed all connected by a road that ends in a cul de sac. From what I was told by people who attended the meeting about the planning a health club has already signed on as a tenant and more were coming. From the sketch it looks like a pretty large development. I have a picture of the plans but have no clue how to post a picture. Its a picture phone pic so if anyone wants to post it I will send it to you.

to post a picture you just need to sign up for something like Photobucket, or Flickr. Some people like Imageshack, which is supposedly one of the easiest to use. They are free. I promise its not complicated, though it may take a few minutes. You just have to use the image insert button above the textbox where you type your replies. Its the 5th one from the right.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Good thought with the sidewalks. I hope they talked about bicycle lanes too. The Upstate is starting to get a good reputation (especially Spartanburg) for being bike friendly. I don't want Boiling Springs to be the sore thumb to that.

I wish I could've made it to that meeting. I had a sick 6 month old though. :-/

I did notice that there's a Krispy Kreme being built. And I was sad to learn last week that Pizza Inn closed. Does anybody know why??? They always seemed so busy.

Good thought with the sidewalks. I hope they talked about bicycle lanes too. The Upstate is starting to get a good reputation (especially Spartanburg) for being bike friendly. I don't want Boiling Springs to be the sore thumb to that.

I did notice that there's a Krispy Kreme being built. And I was sad to learn last week that Pizza Inn closed. Does anybody know why??? They always seemed so busy.

Where is the KKD being built?

Where is the KKD being built?

• 2 weeks later...

Looked at their website. They have them in TN. That's the closest location. I wish someone would build some healthier places to eat up here like a deli or the like. There are a lot of places to choose from but they are all more of the same. Burgers, hot dogs, or more burgers.

Googling Del Taco and Spartanburg I found this:

"For Del Taco, 2007 deals included 5 new restaurants in Toledo,

Ohio; 4 in Chattanooga, Tn.; 3 in Atlanta, Ga.; 2 in Kansas City; 4 in

Northern California; 3 in Athens, Ga.; 10 in Orlando and Gainesville,

Fl.; 3 in Knoxville, Tn.; 7 in Nashville; 3 in Fresno, Ca.; 1 in

Ontario, Ca.; 3 in Spartanburg, S.C.; 16 in Southern Alabama; and 12

in Baton Rouge, La."

Anyone ever eaten at a Del Taco? I could only hope its like Chipotle but won't get my hopes up too high!

• 1 month later...

I'd love a movie theater to move in. I wish we could get a Target and a Bank of America on Hwy 9. I'd never leave the area, ha ha. I've waited so long for a Dunkin Donuts to come here..oh so long. I used to live in the land of a Dunks on every street corner. When the one on Pine St opened we were pretty excited but nearly peed ourselves with glee when we saw that tiny littl DD sign on hwy9. ;)

I'd love to see some more restaurants that aren't fast food. We like Copper River a lot.

hey 'hey', welcome to the forum. ;-)

Yeah, I'm loving me some Copper River! Everything I've had there has been really good. Spinach Artichoke dip.... mmmmmm.......

I do hope that there's some sensibility in the town's expansion though. That's one of the reasons I'm hoping for incorporation. So there'd be some more reasonable oversight.