Boiling Springs Developments

lynturner99

Copper River in BS has just started construction. They have the foundation up, but that is it. Where is the one already open?

hub, I probably just misinterpretted lynturner99. Not that I've ever done that before... :whistling:

Sheesh, I'm on a roll.

lyn had said:

Hopefully there is still room for more restaurants to compliment the new Copper River Grill. Im tired of waiting in line at Capri's.

lyn didn't imply that it was finished or not, and I made the mistake of assuming.

Note to self: must learn to read.

hehe

The GSA Business Journal has an article about the Village at Greene Creek, a 50-acre retail development on Highway 9 about one mile from I-85. the Cooper River Grill is already being built at that site. Construction is expected to start in October on an 18,000-square-foot retail building that will be able to accommodate up to 10 stores.

GCreek1.jpg

Looks like it will be another strip mall, albiet a nice looking one. I'm sure the Boiling Springs has not seen the last of these :)

In other news, people are speaking optimisticly about Boiling Springs in this article.

Some quotes: "Highway 9 in Boiling Springs could host a movie theater, varied restaurants and pedestrian walkways."

"...Boiling Springs [Road] could be to Spartanburg what Pelham [Road] is to Greenville, but only if it's really done right."

This was part of a meeting to develop design standards for the county, at least so far as I can tell. The article never specifically mentions all the groups that met, or if their meeting actually produced anything. But its interesting to think about at any rate.

I think the Eastside coudl use a large theatre like the new one one at Westgate and then Boiling Springs is probably nearing some sort of critical mass where it can support a movie theater and other larger chain stores and such.

The GSA Business Journal has an article about the Village at Greene Creek, a 50-acre retail development on Highway 9 about one mile from I-85. the Cooper River Grill is already being built at that site. Construction is expected to start in October on an 18,000-square-foot retail building that will be able to accommodate up to 10 stores.

GCreek1.jpg

Looks like it will be another strip mall, albiet a nice looking one. I'm sure the Boiling Springs has not seen the last of these :)

In other news, people are speaking optimisticly about Boiling Springs in this article.

Some quotes: "Highway 9 in Boiling Springs could host a movie theater, varied restaurants and pedestrian walkways."

"...Boiling Springs [Road] could be to Spartanburg what Pelham [Road] is to Greenville, but only if it's really done right."

This was part of a meeting to develop design standards for the county, at least so far as I can tell. The article never specifically mentions all the groups that met, or if their meeting actually produced anything. But its interesting to think about at any rate.

I think the Eastside coudl use a large theatre like the new one one at Westgate and then Boiling Springs is probably nearing some sort of critical mass where it can support a movie theater and other larger chain stores and such.

:yahoo:

I'm all in favor of everything they mentioned. Especially if there's a way to clean up those old buildings that are 'left to rot', to use their words.

Thanks for the post, great article!

must..... not..... get hopes... up.......

...was... just... a meeting......

Oh well, too late. My hopes are up. A movie theater in Boiling Spings, awesome!!! :yahoo:

• 3 weeks later...

Thats cool. I didn't think Pizza Inns were still in style. The ones on the East and West sides have closed, mainly because the owners let them. The one on Asheville Highway still does awesome business. They still have the classic goodness that is Pizza Inn, and its a separate operation from the rest of the chain. Anyway, good for Boiling Springs. I need to go up there one day and check out the loads of new stuff.

I'll try to make sure the new Pizza Inn gets some good business. I'm a sucker for chocolate chip pizza.

On a related note: The Pizza Inn in on 56 (Cedar Springs Road) in the Camp Croft area of Roebuck shut down and re-opened under a new name. Mama's Pizza or something like that. I haven't been there since the name change, but I do know that it's still a buffet. Hmm... still buffet... still pizza... I'm assuming they just broke away from the Pizza Inn franchise. Perhaps they have some cool new items you can't get at Pizza Inn. If I go, I'll post about it, but not in this thread.

Well, back to the start of the thread, and I'm probably the last one to notice, but I figure it's worth posting:

It looks like Northern Tool & Equipment is open now.

For anyone that uses Google Earth, they just updated the maps of Boiling Springs! The pictures appear to be about a year old, because it's showing the new subdivision next to Spring Hill on Belcher Rd with no houses, just dirt roads. But I'll take that. Before it was just a big blur. You couldn't even distinguish the road from the trees! hehe

For anyone that uses Google Earth, they just updated the maps of Boiling Springs! The pictures appear to be about a year old, because it's showing the new subdivision next to Spring Hill on Belcher Rd with no houses, just dirt roads. But I'll take that. Before it was just a big blur. You couldn't even distinguish the road from the trees! hehe

Yep, all of SC seems to be updated. They are also still working on Morgan Square, which places it at about a year ago as well :)

I think 292 was the one to be widened to 5 lanes, or did you hear that they'd be doing that with Old Furnace Rd as well?

I would like to see a widening of the road toward Lyman too. It needs another lane because of all the slow traffic that goes that route. Are there a lot of deer in that area? Speed traps? I've not seen either so I'm at a loss as to why people go so far below the speed limit.

Both corridors are targeted by SPATS for long-term widening - SC-292 from Inman to Lyman and Old Furnace Road from US-176 to US-221.

SC-292 between Lyman and Inman has experienced much growth in recent years around the Lyman Lake area. The various traffic entering and exiting out of these new neighborhoods on SC-292 causes drivers to slam their brakes and drive way below the speed limit.

• 1 month later...

There are a couple of pretty big parcels of land being cleared out and graded in the Springs, one is between Ingles and Eagle Point suddivision and the other is a huge track of land next to North Grove Medical Park, any ideas on whats coming?

I've been eyeing those spots too every time I pass by. Either there's no sign up or I've overlooked it a dozen times.

• 1 month later...

Pizza Inn & Copper River Grill update:

There's more to look at than just foundations these days. They're still not done, but all the walls and roofing is up. Just plywood, but they're showing good signs of progress.

Big open spot of leveled, undeveloped land next to Ingles on Hwy 9 update:

It's still just a big open spot of leveled, undeveloped land. :P

• 1 month later...

A few updates in the Boiling Springs area:

• Pizza Inn is starting to take applications, but they're not done building it yet.
  • The Copper River Grill has had some excellent progress lately. It doesn't have any signs up yet, but the building is beautiful!
  • The not-so-pretty houses at the intersection of Rainbow Lake Rd and Hwy 9 are finally coming down. One house has already been demolished, and they're taking away the pieces now. 2 more houses go down after that. Anybody know what's going up there? There's a CommunitySouth sign up, but that might just be who's financing the construction.
  • There's some ground leveling going on next to the Applebee's. I have no clue what's going up, I just know that we're expecting. ;-) I drove by twice looking for signs; no luck.

Spartan, you had created a 2007 wishlist thread. I didn't think of it until know, but I wish we'd get a Bank of America over here. :thumbsup:

A few updates in the Boiling Springs area:
  • The not-so-pretty houses at the intersection of Rainbow Lake Rd and Hwy 9 are finally coming down. One house has already been demolished, and they're taking away the pieces now. 2 more houses go down after that. Anybody know what's going up there? There's a CommunitySouth sign up, but that might just be who's financing the construction.

Spartan, you had created a 2007 wishlist thread. I didn't think of it until know, but I wish we'd get a Bank of America over here. :thumbsup:

Probably another subdivision. maybe a convenience store on the corner (as if there arent eough of those). Boiling Springs is the fastest growing area in suburban Spartanburg, so I would expect no less. Its also just now beginning to solidify as a real suburb (meaning you don't really need to go into Spartanburg for any of your needs) which is unlike most other areas in the County. I would expect more banks to take notice as the area tops 15,000 at the next census since there are no official estimates for unincorporated areas individually. Its around 12,000 based on the last one. The sheer volume of shops and restaurants locating in Boiling Springs are clear signs of growth.... those banks will follow. You could always go with a local bank that serves the area.... :)

This will be the first. There is one on the Eastside (freestanding) and two on the Westside (mall, freestanding).

It was announced in the paper the other week and they have had the beetle with the chick-fil-a wrap sitting at the site. My daughter is pumped, as am I because it give us another indoor playground besides McDonalds. (and great food)