Boiling Springs Developments

lynturner99

You'd be surprised at the size of some of the homes up in BS now especially toward the lake, but 400k is a lot of change.

Quick question for you road guys....

Even thought it is not on the SPATS what do you think about reworking Clark road and adding an interchange on I-26. Do you think that would help lighten the load on hwy 9? I live up at the lake and travel I-26 to hwy 292 to get home avoiding Hwy 9. It is a little longer, but much quicker.

Improving hwy. 9 from the Wal-Mart up to Hwy. 292 is a good idea, but the big problem is near I-85 and I don't know if you can do much more there.

Interesting that you should bring this up. What has to happen, IMO, is to focus on other roads. Hwy 9 is built up and out as much as it can be at this point, so lets foucs on other routes to Boiling Springs like Bryant Rd and Valley Falls Rd. Clark Rd is a viable option if SCDOT doesn't mind building another interchange. Valley Falls would be the optimal way, since it hooks in to 585 and can easily get you to 85 or Spartanburg, whichever you need.

I have some concept maps that I made up that I have been planning to show you all. I'll try to load them up this weekend.

Interesting that you should bring this up. What has to happen, IMO, is to focus on other roads. Hwy 9 is built up and out as much as it can be at this point, so lets foucs on other routes to Boiling Springs like Bryant Rd and Valley Falls Rd. Clark Rd is a viable option if SCDOT doesn't mind building another interchange. Valley Falls would be the optimal way, since it hooks in to 585 and can easily get you to 85 or Spartanburg, whichever you need.

I have some concept maps that I made up that I have been planning to show you all. I'll try to load them up this weekend.

I don't think Clark Road is on anyone's radar right now for improvements although it should be. An interchange with I-26 makes since to me. If not Clark Road, there needs to be a realignment to the SC-9 / SC-292 intersection. Traffic up there is crazy!

Clark Road is a more direct connection from Inman to Boiling Springs that is easily capable of having an interchange with I-26. If they can extend the road out to US-176, it will relieve some stress on Old Furnace Road.

If it was feasible, extending 585 southbound as a parkway from Fairforest Road up to I-26/SC-292 would be a welcome idea. It would be difficult to acquire existing residential land on the southern end near Old Furnace and Springfield roads.

This would never happen, but you could also take John Dodd Road from I-26 and extend it into Hyw. 9 by connecting it into Double Bridge road. It would have to cut through some famland etc... but hopefully not take many houses. You can stand at the intersection of John Dodd and Asheville Hwy and look straight over to Boiling Springs First Baptist where Double Bridge connects to Hyw. 9.

Here is the concept map that I mentioned before:

boilingspringslarge.png

Red = Improved roads for alternate routes to I-85 and the city. Improved can mean widening or just making the road less treacherous (like Valley Falls can be).

Green = New roads. This would serve to alleviate traffic in on Hwy 9. It would also increase connectivity, thus reducing congestion and allowing for more compact/less sprawly development.

I really wouldn't take all that much to reduce traffic congestion up there without widening Hwy9.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Couple of things going on in the B Springs. First of all I like to say go Dawgs! The baseball team is on the verge of a state title. Recently my father in law who lives on Farm Lake drive (better know as the street across from the walmart) said that the entire neighborhood was asked to attend a planning session for a pretty large commercial devolpment that is going up directly across from the Walmart and across the street from them. Apparently there are tenants lined up and the discussion was simply on asthetics. The neighborhood is upper middle class and the developers wanted to make sure and keep kind of the same look, kind of like the Palmetto Bank did when they built. Construction is supposed to begin soon on that project. Also I covered an event at the Dunkin Donuts on Wade Hampton and the Regional director said that they had already bought a piece of land in Boiling Springs and that construction on that was going to begin soon. Also on an interesting side note he said that the DD on Pine Street was the most successfull one in the upstate. Lots of Doughnut lovers in Sparkle City!

Couple of things going on in the B Springs. First of all I like to say go Dawgs! The baseball team is on the verge of a state title. Recently my father in law who lives on Farm Lake drive (better know as the street across from the walmart) said that the entire neighborhood was asked to attend a planning session for a pretty large commercial devolpment that is going up directly across from the Walmart and across the street from them. Apparently there are tenants lined up and the discussion was simply on asthetics. The neighborhood is upper middle class and the developers wanted to make sure and keep kind of the same look, kind of like the Palmetto Bank did when they built. Construction is supposed to begin soon on that project. Also I covered an event at the Dunkin Donuts on Wade Hampton and the Regional director said that they had already bought a piece of land in Boiling Springs and that construction on that was going to begin soon. Also on an interesting side note he said that the DD on Pine Street was the most successfull one in the upstate. Lots of Doughnut lovers in Sparkle City!

Is this the Clement Point development that was announced last year? Clement Point was supposed to be a mixed use development that was to include a cinema and some expensive homes.

BTW I was in Boiling Springs last Friday night and was impressed by the suburban feel of the community. I remember when Boiling Springs was really sleepy and seemingly a long way from Spartanburg.

No, the Clement Pointe developement is farther down the road at the intersection of Clark and Hwy 9. The guys that are developing that have a landscaping buisness on Parris Bridge Road and if you go in there they have a model of the project. This spring I checked it out while getting some mulch, apparently the hold up is over drainage and road planning but they are set to go and it looks really awesome.

No, the Clement Pointe developement is farther down the road at the intersection of Clark and Hwy 9. The guys that are developing that have a landscaping buisness on Parris Bridge Road and if you go in there they have a model of the project. This spring I checked it out while getting some mulch, apparently the hold up is over drainage and road planning but they are set to go and it looks really awesome.

Could you (or someone) grab a picture of that model? I think our fellow UPer's would love to see that.

Nothing to do with development but has anyone else noticed the CATS Vanpool van that is at the Exxon on 9 at Paris Bridge Rd. Apparently people ride it to Charlotte becuase its always there in the evenings but gone during the day. I find it interesting public transit would run that far from CLT. I looked into it but didn't see one listed from Spartanburg/BS on this website

I have noticed that van several times. I didn't know that it was Charlotte Transit though. Thats interesting to know as I know several people who live in Spartanburg and commute to Charlotte. I wonder how they are marketing it as I have never seen anything to suggest that it is a transit route and where would the commuters leave their cars?

Ok, here it is:

How to Start a Vanpool

To start a vanpool, you need nine to 14 passengers. One person must agree to be the primary driver and at least one other rider must be a backup driver. If you agree to be a driver, you ride free.

So that means there are at least 9 people who commute from Spartanburg to Charlotte every day. Wow. The Vanpool doesn't require a CATS driver, so its actually a very economical way to go about that kind of commute. I suppose people in larger cities commute an hour every day, but why do it if you don't have to!

Okay, it's not Jay's, but I found it. I just did a quick google search for landscaping places on parris bridge rd.

So, here's the pic!

CrookedCreek.080515.jpg

That's the sign to the Crooked Creek subdivision on Old Furnace Rd. between Paris Bridge and Bryant Roads next to the District 2 offices.