Boiling Springs Developments

lynturner99

Okay, so I promised some pix from the updated library. I only took 2. One from the outside and one inside at the entrance. Before, the library entrance was a little confusing to firstcomers. Now the entrance brings you directly inside the library. There's plenty (PLENTY) of reading areas, and I counted 2 computer centers. I think I counted at least 16 computers at one of those centers. I didn't look at any of the meeting rooms though.

I would've taken more photos, but it was a library after all. I didn't want to disturb anyone. ;-)

BSL.081120.1.jpg

BSL.081120.2.jpg

I'm very pleased with the updates, and apparently so is everyone else. There was a LOT of people there when I went.

Okay, so I promised some pix from the updated library. I only took 2. One from the outside and one inside at the entrance. Before, the library entrance was a little confusing to firstcomers. Now the entrance brings you directly inside the library. There's plenty (PLENTY) of reading areas, and I counted 2 computer centers. I think I counted at least 16 computers at one of those centers. I didn't look at any of the meeting rooms though.

I would've taken more photos, but it was a library after all. I didn't want to disturb anyone. ;-)

BSL.081120.1.jpg

BSL.081120.2.jpg

I'm very pleased with the updates, and apparently so is everyone else. There was a LOT of people there when I went.

That library surely needed an expansion. Your pics are great. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in B.S.

I love the new look of the BS library! it felt so small before and now there's so much light and space. I spent a few hours there last week to write some papers for class.

I really, really wish the area would get some better eating places. Fast food is very convenient but seriously, enough is enough. Some decent sit down, family friendly restaruants would be great! I'd also love to see a Publix come this way. While I'm dreaming, how about a Target. I'd never have to leave BS!

Totally off topic but: is there a place around here where I can get SC related holiday ornaments? I'm in an exchange and we're supposed to send one having to do with where we live. Thanks :)

Edited by hey_ames

This might not be the best answer, but it's certainly a unique answer. The Culture Shop (Chapman Cultural Center) sells some stained glass ornaments that may be of interest. This year, they're doing First Baptist Church. In the past, they've done Seay House, Glendale Mill, Rainbow Lake and the Beacon Drive-In. Source

The lady that works there said that they're more of a decorative ornament than a christmas ornament, but some people do put them on their christmas trees and that they're about 4 inches long.

Good luck in your purchasing adventure! ;-)

Let us know who you chose.

I'm not sure if its still there or not, but there was a store called "White Rabbit" (or something to that effect) at Hillcrest that had lots of gift type things, and ornaments are right up their alley. I've seen SC ornaments all over town in the past, but I can't think of specific stores. You might also check out the mall...

I'm not sure if its still there or not, but there was a store called "White Rabbit" (or something to that effect) at Hillcrest that had lots of gift type things, and ornaments are right up their alley. I've seen SC ornaments all over town in the past, but I can't think of specific stores. You might also check out the mall...

I heard that there is a new gift and home decoration shop at 521 East Main in one of those houses across from Converse. Apparently its a pretty good shop. Its the green house that looks recently renovated. I don't know what the name of it is.

• 3 months later...

Something's going up right off of I-85 next to the Denny's and Northern Tool. My wife saw a sign that said Hoover, but she saw it only briefly. It might've been the name of the construction company or something though. If that's actually the store name, I've never heard of it.

Anyone seen this or know anything about it?

Playing devil's advocate here, I didn't realize there was a need for another Abbott Farms stand. On the other hand, it is by I-85, so it's sure to suck in some traffic. I wonder if one of the existing locations moved or if this is a new location. I'll have to ask next time I buy some peach salsa. Or peach bread.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I almost wish it was a gas station. Turns out it's gonna be a Dollar General. And we have one already on the other side of Ingles - not far away at all. While I'm happy there will be a newer building - the old building was smaller and they never ran the a/c or heat, maybe because it was broke and they knew they'd be putting up a new building? - but I'm not sure I'm happy about this yet. We already have an abandoned Ingles, Winn Dixie and even a brand-new commercial rental property that hasn't been used (all 3 or 4 units) for over a year. I'm afraid nobody will use or tear down the original building after the move. I hate to be upset before I really even have the right to be, but the old building has issues. And why would anyone rent it when there's more than a few new rental properties that are new, easy access, part of the shopping center and are literally right next door? (Though it's next door in vicinity, the old Dollar General is not accessible from the shopping center) I'm just upset because I see no reason anyone would want it unless, please oh please, someone wanted that specific piece of land and tears it down to build something else. It just seems unlikely when there's other land nearby that's available that doesn't require demolition. Plus, leaving old buildings as decaying relics seems to be the norm in the area. I really hope I'm wrong. *rant_mode=off*