Largest cities in Louisiana

NCB

I agree. A rail system between the cities...and I would say in the MS coast...would be a great addition to the region. If there were commuter rail like the system in Chicago here...I would take the train into the city for every trip. My wife would love it as well...as she commutes to the CBD every weekday.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Metro population stats for New Orleans and Baton Rouge based off of the 2000 census numbers. At the next census, the numbers would probably be greater for both metro's with growth and annexation taking place.

New Orleans- 1,367,367

Baton Rouge- 751,965

-----------------------------

NOBR- 2,119,332

Oh and BTW, just in case you guys are curious, the smallest census designated "city" in the state of Louisiana is "Mound" in Madison Parish, it is home to 11 people as of 2005. And unsuprisingly, Madison Parish is in NE Louisiana, just south of East Carroll Parish, which is the least populated parish in the state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mound%2C_Louisiana

And here is a satelite view of downtown Transylvania, Louisiana in East Carroll Parish; Link

And here is a satelite view of Mound, LA, once again, the smallest census designated place in the state of Louisiana, with a population of 11; Link

The next time I'm on I-20 in NE Louisiana, I'm going to have to check out Mound, which seems to be only about 1,500 feet away from the interstate.

Archived